I've locked out from my Facebook account because of the two-factor authentication

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The following two links should be somewhat helpful.

My experience with this is there's no actual talking or chatting with a support rep. They have instructions that may work or not. It usually involves jumping through numerous hoops, including sending them a photo of my driver's license. What they ask you to do varies. It's not always the same. What usually happens is, it takes me in circles, asking me repeatedly to enter my password. The process is frustrating. I have 2 accounts I haven't been able to log in for years. The "finding your account" always involves resetting your password. Then go in circles with the new password. Logging in on the Facebook app seems to work better than online or in a client app.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My experience with this is there's no actual talking or chatting with a support rep. They have instructions that may work or not. It usually involves jumping through numerous hoops, including sending them a photo of my driver's license. What they ask you to do varies. It's not always the same. What usually happens is, it takes me in circles, asking me repeatedly to enter my password. The process is frustrating. I have 2 accounts I haven't been able to log in for years. The "finding your account" always involves resetting your password. Then go in circles with the new password. Logging in on the Facebook app seems to work better than online or in a client app.

That’s crazy, but I believe you. Anyway, I appreciate the follow-up sir. Have an awesome Friday.

Reactions: Annie_M

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I've no recollection of setting up the two-way authentication, but I may have done is without realizing.

IMHO, if you set up 2FA on your FB account, you’d remember doing it. It also helps to use a password generator and depending on your view of this, a password manager.

If you used a weak password and no 2FA and someone gained access to your account and locked you out, unfortunately you can pretty much kiss your account bye bye.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
IMHO, if you set up 2FA on your FB account, you’d remember doing it. It also helps to use a password generator and depending on your view of this, a password manager.

If you used a weak password and no 2FA and someone gained access to your account and locked you out, unfortunately you can pretty much kiss your account bye bye.

I don't think the OP is still around.

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Having recently lost a FB account due to 2FA not working correctly, this is accurate. You're honestly better off creating a new account than dealing with FB, unless you absolutely have no other choice than to attempt to deal with the issue.