I've locked out from my Facebook account because of the two-factor authentication

I

iMore Question

Hi everyone! I've been logged out from my FB account from all my devices and when I try to login, the system is asking me to add a 6-digit login code from my code generator.

I've no recollection of setting up the two-way authentication, but I may have done is without realizing.

So how do I get this code? FB has its own code generator inside my account, but I can't access it since I can't log in!

It's unbelievable, but it seems there is no way I can log in! Any suggestions?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore. Unfortunately, it seems like you would be better off contacting Facebook support. In order to continue participating in this conversation, you may want to consider registering for an account here on iMore. If you're interested, click here to learn how to sign up!

dimiskour

Apr 14, 2022
Visit site
@ Αnnie_M: Ι've just signed up, thanks! I'm afraid you are right, I need to contact FB support, but how can I do that? I've search the internet on how to contact them and it seems it's impossible if you are logged out! I'd be grateful if you could suggest a way to do that.
@kataran: I've tried to log in on the net but still, FB requires that I enter the 6-digit code. When I click "need another way to authenticate" it prompts me to go to FB app and find the code generator. But I am logged out from there too! And there is no other suggestion nor a link to contact FB support if you keep facing an issue.

What I've learned from this experience is that a) if you have activated the two-factor authentication and you get logged out from FB on all devices, you are basically doomed. :( And b) contacting FB is so hard.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
@kataran: I've tried to log in on the net but still, FB requires that I enter the 6-digit code. When I click "need another way to authenticate" it prompts me to go to FB app and find the code generator. But I am logged out from there too! And there is no other suggestion nor a link to contact FB support if you keep facing an issue.

Welcome to iMore

Enjoy and Post Often

Sorry about your predicament but I’ll give you one more Hail Mary

Search your Email you might be sitting on the code without knowing it. It’s a long shot

dimiskour

Apr 14, 2022
Visit site
Thank you all for your help. Unfortunately, I've tried everything: I've watched videos, I've read articles but I can't find a solution. What is crazy, is the inability to contact FB since you have to be logged in to contact them! What is even stranger, is that, for some reason, some options suggested in videos about contacting FB do not appear in my computer (Mac) or iPhone. For instance, here is a screenshot from a video of what a guy sees:

Στιγμιότυπο 2022-04-15, 2.02.09 μμ.png

And this is what I see:

image0 (6).jpeg

So I can't view the third and fourth options which would help me out. :crying:

Attachments

• Στιγμιότυπο 2022-04-15, 1.58.54 μμ.png
    Στιγμιότυπο 2022-04-15, 1.58.54 μμ.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 118

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You have "I don't have my phone" checked. Have you tried the "Send text with code" option? Does it not scroll so you can see the other options? If not, try the first option. See what happens.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've had problems logging in to Facebook on the Friendly app. It takes me in circles. But I did manage to log in on my old 6s Plus. But not on my 12 Pro Max. Facebook really has made logging in too difficult. And you can't reach out for help, unless your logged in. The problem you're having with Facebook's 2 factor Authentication is why I don't use it with Apple and my Apple ID.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
You’ve received a blessing. Continue onward and enjoy life…

YES!!!. Not the answer that the asker wanted to read. Bu, I agree. We need to ship does ALL social media programmes if that is not possible then the government should ban the use of there.

These companies are making the wrong type of peeps rich.

Other countries do this why can’t the USA.

Social media sends too many lies out. Peeps get scammed by these type of connections.

The country would be much better off without this nonsense. We were much better off without this nonsense.

So yes you are having this issue cause you are being told to quit this junk. This is a blessing. So yes move on and you will have a better life.

Ben James4

Aug 31, 2022
Visit site
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have had the EXACT same predicament. Even worse, i manage ad accounts for my agency and i can't access business manager!!!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have had the EXACT same predicament. Even worse, i manage ad accounts for my agency and i can't access business manager!!!

I have no answer to the issue in this thread but just wanted to say hello and welcome to iMore.

Disco1Stu

Sep 6, 2022
Visit site
Same issue here as well. Found this - but as far as I can tell the account is essentially lost at this point? It seems this issue has been happening in the last few months (I think they removed the option to verify with ID?), so hopefully if enough people raise the same issue they'll open a path to authenticating for this use case. I dutifully backed up my phone before switching, but none of the QR stuff got backed off, and now I've lost the account I've had for 15 years where I keep in touch with friends and family all over the world :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Same issue here as well. Found this - but as far as I can tell the account is essentially lost at this point? It seems this issue has been happening in the last few months (I think they removed the option to verify with ID?), so hopefully if enough people raise the same issue they'll open a path to authenticating for this use case. I dutifully backed up my phone before switching, but none of the QR stuff got backed off, and now I've lost the account I've had for 15 years where I keep in touch with friends and family all over the world :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Hello and welcome to iMore!

tilili

Sep 8, 2022
Visit site
Hi everybody,

Same issue also for me. I use Microsoft Authenticator. Hope somebody can find a solution.
Thanks in advance
Tili

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody,

Same issue also for me. I use Microsoft Authenticator. Hope somebody can find a solution.
Thanks in advance
Tili

Do you get to the Code Generator prompt on Facebook’s login system? If so, you need to type the 6 digit code generated by Microsoft Authenticator within 30s.

Note: It’s important that your phone’s clock and time zones are set properly under “Settings”, “General”, “Date and Time”.

tilili

Sep 8, 2022
Visit site
Hi Ed7789, thanks for your answer.
The problem is that I changed my smartphone and my Microsofot Authenticator account was not backed up. I reset my old smartphone and on the new one I don't have my facebook account anymore. So when facebook asks me to enter the 6 digit code in 30 seconds, I can't do anything because my facebook account is not on my Microsoft Authenticator anymore.

Do you think I have a chance to contact Microsoft Authenticator so that they reinstall my facebook account in the application? It's like for facebook, I can't find any contact at Microsofot Authenticator.

Thanks a lot for your help and have a nice day. Daniel

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox