ITunes updating Apps, getting error 0xE800002E, HELP!!

mikenyc2

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,
This has been an ongoing problem for a few weeks. I have been forgoing updating my apps because of this.

When I get a list of Apps to update and sync with my iPhone, I get this error:

The application "AOL Radio" was not installed on the iPhone "Mike's iPhone" because an unknown error occurred (0xE800002E).

First, the wording on this error in incorrect, it should say "was not updated" as I have the app on my iPhone already.

When I googled "0xE800002E", I see only 1 French posting on this error. Am I the ONLY one having this issue? Does anyone have a solution?

I cannot do any updating. I have to unload the app and re-install each app. This is not a desired solution first because there r many updates, second because I lose any data in the app when uninstalling and third, I have to rearrange those apps again on my iPhone.

HELP!!!

Any answers?

Thanks
Mike

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I know this may not be giving you the answer you are looking for but if this happens with every single app... and the other issue you are having with iTunes... have you tried reinstalling iTunes?

Last edited:

mikenyc2

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Bad,
I will check out the Apple Forum as well and re-install iTunes. U think my ITunes Library might be hosed as well?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Before you uninstall iTunes check out the thread link I provided. Worst case just uninstall it, reimport all of your music again. Won't take a long time.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I get this error every now and again (different apps every time)... I just sync again and it goes through.
Such is Apple.

(Didn't read the link posted... if it becomes more frequent I will come back to this thread and find out if there is another fix.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR