itunes help-deauthorizing

mikah15

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
i'm selling my powerbook, does anyone know if i deauthorize my computer and delete my music off if it will take everything off my iphone?

thanks in advance!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Everything will come off your phone when you try to sync it to a new computer. ...unless you copy everything from the Powerbook to the new computer.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You should wipe the hard disk on the powerbook before selling it. Re-image the machine the way it was from the factory then hand it off. You don't need to worry about de-authorizing the computer. You can have up to 5 computers authorized at once and when you reach the limit you have an option to deauthorize all of them. I have had to do that in the past because I change computers often.

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Last time I tried to do a deauthorize all, it said that option was only available once a year. Is this still the case? I've been waiting for November to roll around so I can free up my authorizations - I've got a work computer from a job I left, and two computers on there twice because I had to restore them.

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Last time I tried to do a deauthorize all, it said that option was only available once a year. Is this still the case? I've been waiting for November to roll around so I can free up my authorizations - I've got a work computer from a job I left, and two computers on there twice because I had to restore them.

You can only do it once per year. But you can contact Apple support (Apple - Support) and ask them to do it for you. Simply explain the situation and ask them to deauthorize all computers. They will usually complete the process in a matter of a day or two.

I've taken this route a couple of times.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73