itunes could not sync information to iphone because a connection could not be established

Brian Harris

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I have the message itunes could not sync information to iphone because a connection could not be established My PC is new with a fresh install of everything with only latest Itunes ever installed on it. Phone synced perfectly about 3 times and from number 4 on i get this same message. I changed nothing on the computer or the phone. I only dropped a picture in the photo folder that I sync with my phone and I get that message.

I had similar issues with the previous computer and when I would reinstall or updated to the latest I tunes it would work a couple times and then quit. Shouldn't be this big of a PITA. The phone shows up perfectly in my computer as portable devices and I can copy off any pictures from the phone there that I want but I sure can't get anything through itunes to sync back the other way and unfortunately I can't just copy pictures to the phone through the computer directly. Has to be done through itunes which nearly never works.

I love the phone but should be an easier way to transfer data between Windows 7 PC and this I phone 4S. PC is a Dell XPS 8300 I7 processor with 8 gigs of ram with Windows 7 with all Microsoft updates running Itunes 11.0.1.12 and I phone 4S with os 6.0.1 connecting via USB cable as I have NEVER EVER been able to sync with any of my desktops through WIFI.

I consider myself to be pretty technologically capable but this thing is a royal pain and I surely can't be the only one as my wife has the same issue with her phone and her desktop.
ITUNESYNC.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible you have a damaged/malfunctioning USB cable? Have you tried a different USB port? Try rebooting both the phone and the computer.

Brian Harris

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I would think a damaged cable or driver would not allow the phone to work properly the the computer icon that shows all your drives. I just copied 5 pictures off my phone while taking these screen shots. I can go through that way and get pictures off the phone but nothing through itunes works.

ITUNESYNC2.jpg
ITUNESYNC3.png

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You would think so, but iTunes is the weak link in the Apple ecosystem. So even though a driver or cable is adequate for Windows, it may not be adequate for iTunes.

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I get that every so often. For me it happens when I use an aftermarket cable. Swapping to a genuine Apple cable and a different USB port usually solves the problem.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
As others have stated it could be the sync cable. I've experienced problems with some cables where the phone will charge but won't sync.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods