Itunes backup extractor for music?

XRedex

Apr 18, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I no longer have my 4th gen iPod touch from 2011. I had made a backup in iTunes, & saved it, but I'm having troubles finding a backup extractor for the music that was on it.

Is there any free backup extractors that I can get the music off of my old backup?

Thank you! =)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I no longer have my 4th gen iPod touch from 2011. I had made a backup in iTunes, & saved it, but I'm having troubles finding a backup extractor for the music that was on it.

Is there any free backup extractors that I can get the music off of my old backup?

Thank you! =)

I did a simple search via my web browser for “iOS backup extractor” and was immediately provided with a listing of both free and paid apps. Please do the same and then decide which one best suits your needs. Thanks.

XRedex

Apr 18, 2021
Visit site
I did a simple search via my web browser for “iOS backup extractor” and was immediately provided with a listing of both free and paid apps. Please do the same and then decide which one best suits your needs. Thanks.

Hi, I did that, & have used iBackup viewer, iMazing, iMobie, Reincubate, & Wondershare. Unfortunately none of these programs got me my music back.

Do you have any suggestions on a free, possibly paid backup extractor that I can get my music from? Hopefully I can see my music in a trial before I buy if it's paid.

Thanks! It's much appreciated =)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I did that, & have used iBackup viewer, iMazing, iMobie, Reincubate, & Wondershare. Unfortunately none of these programs got me my music back.

Do you have any suggestions on a free, possibly paid backup extractor that I can get my music from? Hopefully I can see my music in a trial before I buy if it's paid.

Thanks! It's much appreciated =)

No, I do not. Sorry.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I looked for the documentation dating back to 2011 regarding iOS backups, and I have found something in the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20110924095117/support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

From what I understand from the archived documentation, iOS did not include and still doesn't any music files inside the backups.
The presumption Apple made is that because the iOS device is synced with your iTunes library, the iTunes library already contains the master copy of your music file, so backing it up would duplicate the information.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW