Itunes and phone won't stop synching

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I synched 88 songs to my iPhone 5 music app, they all went thry without any issues, my only problem is after the songs synched the phone and itunes kept synching, I let it go for around 4 to 5 minutes after the music finished synching and unplugged the phone, the little synching icon in the notifications area of my phone kept spinning, I had to shut the phone down to stop it. What is going on, all my music synched fine and can not find any issues, tried synching a few alert tones and the same synching issue, phone and itunes keeps synching and after unplugging the phone the same little synching icon on phone keeps spinning, once again I shut the phone off to stop it. Does anyone know what the problem might be, any help would be welcomed.
Thank You,
Vinny

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I just tried to do a synch in itunes and the same thing happens, it continues to synch, after a few minutes I unplug the phone and the phone is still synching without being plugged in. Something is wrong, is there a way to clear out this issue?? What about deleting the phone from my account completely and then go back and try again, I'm a rookie, obviously, just concerned that I will no longer be able to use itunes with this issue.
Thanks,
Vinny

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I just deleted all the music and resynched it, all the music came back but still have this same problem. All the steps 1 thru 5 go thru OK, after the synching is complete the "waiting for items to copy" stays while the synching wheels keep spinning. I would hate to have to restore back to new, not that it is a big deal. No one has an easy fix??? Does anyone know exactly why the waiting for items to copy keeps going and going and going??
Thanks for any help, being a IOS rookie sucks,
Vinny

PS if I was to restore back to new should I just do it from inside the phone, seems like it is pretty straight forward.
thanks again

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried just letting it go and see if it eventually resolves instead of unplugging it and stopping it? It could take another 5-10 minutes to finish.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried just letting it go and see if it eventually resolves instead of unplugging it and stopping it? It could take another 5-10 minutes to finish.

I'm going to try just that and not let my patients get the better of me. Thank You for your help.
Vinny

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I did a synch, same thing happened, let it go for 25 minutes and unplugged it, I'm stumped. Any more ideas, I'll listen to any ideas,
Thanks forum,
Vinny

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I've had that issue before it was something I was synching to the phone. I would open the app switcher (double tap home button) close all the apps, reboot. Then when it comes up hook up to iTunes and unsync your music, reboot. Then unsync your ringtones, reboot. Then without putting them back on try to do a sync and see if the sync completes. If there is still a problem are you syncing photos, podcasts, movies? If it does, then first sync the music back on and if the problems starts again one of the songs or albums is probably corrupt. If no problem do the ringtones and see if the problem starts again.

vbroido

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Reboot your computer, make sure the Option Sync this iPhone over wifi is off, uncheck if applicable and try again, it should do ;)

ImStuck

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Okay I restored my phone to factory settings, and that went fine. Then I put all my stuff back on it and that went through okay too, except it's stuck on "Waiting For Items to Copy". I left my phone to sync ALL NIGHT and it's still syncing now as I post this. What do I do?
Thanks for the help :)

Gregory Abello

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Try this and see if it helps. Close iTunes and restart your iPhone. Then go to your folder where your iTunes music are and drag it to your desktop. Now start your iTunes on your mac and let iTunes get your music from the iCloud. Once its done connect your iPhone and let it sync. This may help the problem, its possible that there is an error in the folder or something similar to that. If that fails try and reformat the iPhone you have nothing to lose. Just wait and see if Apple comes up with an update to fix the problem.

G.A

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods