It's Official The Iphone Is A Dud!!!

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
Qosmio, the G25 one. I updated the RAM to 1.5, but I also can upgrade to 2GB.

Hmm...if Toshiba doesn't offer the driver, there is not a lot that can be done.

I can tell you the VSO software works okay in Vista, so there's no issue there.

I would also think the Intel stuff would be okay.

All I can suggest is (and you have probably done this) is:

- Contact Toshiba and ask about Vista Drivers for your laptop
- Look up specific hardware and manufacturer and see if they have a driver.

Was this a "Vista Capable" or "Vista Ready" laptop? That makes a difference (and likely the support from Toshiba as well).

The other method is to backup an image of the laptop (ex. Ghost or Acronis TrueImage), and then wipe and do a clena Vista install on the laptop and see what you need. Obviously, this would suck a lot of time, but it's the only way to be sure, short of drivers.

That laptop is about 2 years old, right? Honestly, I wouldn't put Vista on anything less than a Dual Core, and a laptop less than a year old. Unless there is something compelling you to go to Vista.

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
I hate Vista. My lappy came with Vista Ultimate preinstalled and the webcam drivers that are bundled are ****. Every time I plug my lappy back to it's dock it reinstalls the HP printer drivers. If I had my way I would have gotten a machine with XP installed instead, or better yet a MacBook Pro like I knew I should have gotten at the time anyway. I really like my HP laptop hardware which is a semi-truck sized beast (nice having another HDD bay and huge screen) with great fit and finish, especially for it's enormous size. A comparable Mac would have cost $1000 more, but at least it wouldn't be running Windows. I'm afraid by the time I need a new lappy again I'll have all but forgotten this lesson.

Just wipe the harddrive adn install XP and/or ubuntu (Linux) - simple no?;)

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
ha

ubuntu is African for "time sucker", right?

I like messing with it as much as the next person, but linux desktop still has a long way to go.

I keep hoping the next distro will improve.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
ubuntu is African for "time sucker", right?

I like messing with it as much as the next person, but linux desktop still has a long way to go.

I keep hoping the next distro will improve.
lol

I agree. Linux seems fun but...too much time to invest. Heck even Linspire aka Lindows required a bit of involvement.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2