Its [NOT] official Iphone 5 will be totally redesigned!!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Steve didn't really mention case makers. Here's what he did say (transcript from Engadget):

There's no doubt Apple has cut back (if not completely stopped) providing accessory makers with specs to help them have the products ready near launch. Even if they cherry-pick certain manufacturers and smother them with NDAs, once anything gets near an Asian factory the chances for a leak explode.

The recent Case-Mate story is interesting because the leak came from a well-regarded company's website. They're not some fly-by-night outfit selling stuff only on eBay and shipping from China. But as others have pointed out, those could be for the next iPod touch.

If (very big IF) those do turn out to be for the iPhone 5 and Case-Mate had access to the specs from Apple, that whole "leak" was orchestrated with Apple's approval. Probably because Apple realizes the high chances of a leak from Asia and figured they might as well control the leak for their own benefit. It's very unlikely Case-Mate would risk Apple's ire (and possible lawsuits) just for some short-lived publicity.

BTW, antennagate was blown completely out of proportion. iPhone 4 continues to sell like crazy even after 15 months. Returns & complaints continue to be very low.

At the 21 min 40 sec part of the video posted, Mr Jobs did state they did not show the phone to anybody to make cases. Yes there was some specs leaked since the phone was lost in the bar but there was no confirmation that that would be the official. Apple is very secretive. Thaey dont trust or show anybody anything.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
At the 21 min 40 sec part of the video posted, Mr Jobs did state they did not show the phone to anybody to make cases.

My mistake. Your memory is better than mine. ;) I should've known better than to trust an abridged transcript.

Edharv1

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Did you read my post??? Where did I just tell you I saw it? "Apple Press Conference" from last summer. The press conference was on Apple.com last summer for everybodies viewing pleasures. The rest is up to you to find a copy of it.

First of all I just asked you a question! I asked you if you could provide proof or documentation behind what you said. A lot of people say a lot of random things in forums. The tone in your response was unecessary! Especially for a moderator!

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
first of all i just asked you a question! I asked you if you could provide proof or documentation behind what you said. A lot of people say a lot of random things in forums. The tone in your response was unecessary! Especially for a moderator!

ouch......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Well I would like to wait for official announcement...
And these are in the cover, and can't see the Apple Logo!
So, maybe this is another ad for Apple!