Issues with incoming texts/iMessages

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes when I get a message, my screen with flicker on real quick and then off. It was due to a message incoming. It would make a ping sound instead of the standard incoming message sound. Also, it would not even show I had a new message. I would have to open messages to see if that was it and boom, there is a new message. This happens to maybe 10% of my messages. I have tried a restore and this still happens to me a couple times a day.

Anybody else experience this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to experience anything like that, Garz. Sorry.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

JoshB410

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Happens DAILY for me. 4S on 5.1. It happens sometimes when I go to unlock the phone and also in times like this when I receive a message.

Unacceptable issue, hoping for an update soon with a fix for this.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
happens to me on rare occassion - its not as extensive as what you see Garz. My correct tx tone still sounds, i don't get a screen flicker - but when i look at my message icon theres no "1" on it to indicate a new msg, but when i open the msg app, the new msg will be there with the senders name and blue dot next to it.

like i said, it happens on very rare occassion - i'm still on V5.0.1 btw (9A405)

edit: to put it in more perspective, its prob 1-3 times a month IF even that.

Last edited:

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I have never had this happen. Can't think of a reason it could be happening.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk

Alienware_51#IM

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site
This happens to me maybe once a week. It usually happens if I press the lock button exactly as the phone tries to display the new message.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Just a update to my original post. Apple swapped my phone Friday. I have been issue free since. It was a obvious hardware issue since a restore as new did nothing to help.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just a update to my original post. Apple swapped my phone Friday. I have been issue free since. It was a obvious hardware issue since a restore as new did nothing to help.
I'm glad you got it all taken care of, Garz, and good luck with your new device. Take care and enjoy the rest of your evening. :)

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
i didnt have the issue you originally had, but i had another one that has me stumped. i would receive an imessage from a contact, and see the preview of the message on my lock screen. i would then go into the message, and it was gone. the conversation left off with the previous speech bubble, not the one i just saw come in.....it just disappeared.

example.....joe sends me a message.....

Joe: hey whats up
Me : hi
Joe: what are you doing (shows in lock screen as a new message, i then open the convo)

all thats displayed is the "hey whats up" and the "me". the what are you doing is like it was never there.

anyone else had this happen? happened twice tonight and only by the same contact and never happened before.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods