Issues downloading the new Instagram.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else not been able to download the new Instagram? I haven't seen any complaints here but have seen a few in the App Store reviews.

I have yet to be able to download the new version.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay I just delete it and it updated. Though when it's updating it says it's still downloading version 5.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Okay I just delete it and it updated. Though when it's updating it says it's still downloading version 5.

Now that I remember, what I did was remove it from my apps when I was connected to iTunes so it wouldn't be listed in my recent updates in the app store. Then I downloaded it. Don't know what the issue is but that's how I had to go about it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I had to delete it from my phone and download it over again from the App Store. Just wouldn't show up as an update at all.
I noticed it as an update like you did on my phone in the app store but still not in iTunes so I did what you did. I would like to add in in iTunes also though once it gets there. I have not seen any issues with the new app though.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I noticed it as an update like you did on my phone in the app store but still not in iTunes so I did what you did. I would like to add in in iTunes also though once it gets there. I have not seen any issues with the new app though.

It's funny because the app froze on me earlier lol. First time I've ever had Instagram freeze like that. Not on iOS 8 beta either. On 7.1.1

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just searched the app store through iTunes and found the new version 6.0.0. I deleted the old one and installed the new one. When I get a chance I will install it on my phone. I did the iPad last night and that seems ok..

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It's funny because the app froze on me earlier lol. First time I've ever had Instagram freeze like that. Not on iOS 8 beta either. On 7.1.1
Just noticed I have 5.0.13 on my iPad, Let me see what I can do about that..... Am installing I hope 6.0 on my iPad right now. Will see what happens. on 7.1.1. too. Will let you know in a few minutes if it even installs since i deleted the old version and manually DL it from the app store via iTunes.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I had to delete 5.0.13 and now got 6.0.0. on my iPad and checking it out now but seems ok so far. It still shows the old version in the app store on my phone though so I suppose i will have to get it on my phone the same way as the iPad, I have never had this happen with Instagram before have you??

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I deleted and re downloaded. I do have the new version even though "while downloading" it was listed as the old version.

But in the help section it is version 6. Weird.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I ran into the same thing. I finally went I to iTunes after deleting the old version and installing or I should say downloaded 6.0. Then went on. Y phone and iPad and deleted them. Then I chose to install and that was how i got the new version on my devices and lime you said they say 6.0 in the about but in the App Store kit says the old one. It is a weird one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative