• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Is your Verizon iPhone 5 displaying the incorrect date and time?

n7ryy

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Is this still an issue for us Verizon customers has it been fixed yet ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 64 GB using Tapatalk
Verizon IPhone 5 owner having this issue nearly every day, finally turned off auto update of time until the problem gets fixed. I use my phone as an alarm clock for work, so it's kind of a critical issue for me. I have a 4G Droid Razr M for my work phone and have not seen this issue.

joeyvosters

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had the iPhone 5 for 2 weeks and this just started happening to my wife and I for the past 2 days. We live in Wisconsin and I've seen on other forums an increase in post from users in our area. I'm wondering if this is a regional problem. Somehow my phone actually changed time last night when I had it in manual time entry mode so now I'm very confused.

I'm reverting to setting up a timer to wake up instead of an alarm as I'm assuming the countdown time is not related to the system clock.

HollyKristina

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
This is a constant ongoing problem. I have verizon and it keeps changing my time. Right now the correct time is 6:28 pm but my phone says it is 10:23 am. I am afraid of what is going to happen when the alarm doesn't go off!! I have tried all the temporary fixes people have mentioned online, turning off the automatic set and it still does it!!

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I found that if I turn off LTE and only have 3G on the time seems to be ok, at least for the last few days. It kind of stinks, but that has worked for me so far.

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven't heard anything is Verizon even acknowledging this issue or was the update that was released supposed to address this issue?

Sent from my Verizon Black & Slate iPhone 5 64GB using Tapatalk

kreestole

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been having the problem anymore for the last couple weeks so I'm guessing something has changed in the area I was having the issue.

gilbenton

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
my phone shows the correct date in the settings, correct date on the calendar icon, and the correct date in the "month" view... but when I click on "Day" or "List" views in the calendar app, the day is incorrect.

ehyphen

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Sprint iPhone 5 feb 2013 - new phone same time issues. Happened first at night. Then several mornings between 6-9 - no pattern. Missed alarm clock and strange delay in text messages that I have sent to Verizon iPhone users.

Keely Jensen

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes! Started yesterday on my iPhone color. It says august 26 2012 and is an hour off. This happened under normal circumstances in my house, and my husbands iPhone is fine. For everyone who has " no issues" , I had not even heard of this until it happened to me. We have verizon.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzesenok