• I have problems with it sometimes.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • No, it's terrible!

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I had a bad day with TouchID yesterday. Failure rate was about 80%. I have no clue what was up, but today it's working perfectly again. Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine was erratic! Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I got it replaced yesterday and it's night and day difference!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon8383645

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Works great for me. The app store asks to enter password to reestablish more than i would like. But thats not really an issue.
I find if you firmly press the home button with your associated finger it will unlock the iPhone every time.

minimo3

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Now that temperature and humidity have stabilized it works consistently. I will be able to test the environmental effect hypothesis when I travel to other climates this winter

origin2000

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Only time it doesnt work for me is when my finger is sweaty after running, this is very consistent. Also it doesnt work at all when its inside my armband which has a clear plastic cover. Otherwise it works great 100% of the time 95% of the time!

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine only works if I press my thumb hard and only if I do so horizontally (thumb parallel to the bottom of the phone). If I do that, I get about a 95% success rate. Anything else gets me a 10-20% success rate. It makes it really hard to unlock in the car! I have found that it gets worse over time, so I just delete all my fingerprints about once a month and enter them again. A PITA, but it works better when I do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Eli4S

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine works I'd say 95% of the time, with the occasional time where I'll hold my finger there and it simply doesn't recognize it until I press the home button again.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
After a little over a month of having my Gold iPhone 5s, the Touch ID is still working GREAT. Just added my left thumb print yesterday ...SMILE:biggrin:

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
All I can say is that I am glad that I didn't buy the 5s just because of the Touch-ID feature! If I had I would have been bitterly disappointed.

I can set it up OK to three of my fingers, I test it and it works fine pretty much every time, I wouldn't expect it to be 100%. The next day, it has become extremely unreliable and frustrating. Nearly every time it fails, no matter which of the selected fingers I use. I have deleted the saved finger prints and set them up time and time again. Still the same.

It could be because the weather is cold here and my skin is dry, but as they were the same when I trained the sensor, I would still expect it to work better than it does.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
All I can say is that I am glad that I didn't buy the 5s just because of the Touch-ID feature! If I had I would have been bitterly disappointed.

I can set it up OK to three of my fingers, I test it and it works fine pretty much every time, I wouldn't expect it to be 100%. The next day, it has become extremely unreliable and frustrating. Nearly every time it fails, no matter which of the selected fingers I use. I have deleted the saved finger prints and set them up time and time again. Still the same.

It could be because the weather is cold here and my skin is dry, but as they were the same when I trained the sensor, I would still expect it to work better than it does.

The only times I notice it not work is when I get out of the shower and I have a tendency to take long hot showers so my finger print will be distorted. Other than that I have not had an issue.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it's me or not but I found it works better if I use the ball of my thumb. I work for a living lol so my hands are a bit rough. The tips of my fingers are not that great so I have had better results doing it this way.

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Mine never worked well and it was really frustrating. I just realized that I wasn't doing it right...I was leaving my thumb on the button too long. Now that I've corrected my "touch" it works much better.

It's never too late to learn! LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices