• I have problems with it sometimes.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • No, it's terrible!

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I've only had mine for 6 days, but I haven't had any problems. But It seems when I touch firmly it registers faster. And I've heard sweaty hands won't work on it

~ Sent from my Sexy iPhone 5s Gold on Tapatalk ~

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I forget I have TouchID it works so well. I have only one exception, my thumb that has a scar down the middle, sometimes I have to try twice with that one, but my other 4 fingers in it work every time, since launch day.

2012 21" iMac
2012 11" MacBook Air
16 GB Space Gray AT&T iPhone 5s
16 GB Space Gray AT&T iPad Air

anon(4110489)

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
It works good with me! But it sometimes does not recognize my fingerprint when my hand is a bit sweaty and if the button is a bit dirty! These are the only 2 drawbacks i have experienced.

iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Sydneysue

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Mine works if I use any other programmed finger besides my right thumb(which is my main finger used to unlock it). It slowly started deteriorating after a couple months of use. Seems like it has worn out it's welcome - LOL. I have not tried deleting it and reprogramming it yet though.

JSHidaka

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes I press and remove(would say less than a sec) the Home Button to wake-up the iPhone and check what time it is... and it gets unlocked -_- lol..

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Added my index and middle finger today. Still working flawless...luving this touch ID, makes things so much easier and faster

LanceStoltz

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
When Apple announced Touch ID, I thought it was another business gimmick, but so far, this has been my favourite feature yet. Working great. Almost always works, even if it didn't the first time, the second time will work 99% of the time and I am not exaggerating.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
When Apple announced Touch ID, I thought it was another business gimmick, but so far, this has been my favourite feature yet. Working great. Almost always works, even if it didn't the first time, the second time will work 99% of the time and I am not exaggerating.

Welcome to iMore....some good people and good info in here......ENJOY

minimo3

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Right on cue, 2 weeks have passed and recognition has deteriorated to about 33%. Time to re-register my prints. So far, for me at least, the 2 week cycle is very consistent

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Since the weather has gotten really cold where I live, I've had more trouble. Before that, it rarely failed. I retrained it and it's fine again. I too have the same theory about dryness.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

As an update, after retraining my fingers it works almost flawlessly again. I don't mind having to retrain it between seasons, if that's what it comes to.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine doesn't have any problems, the accuracy is incredible. I must say, the latest updates have been improving its accuracy and performance. It hasn't been an issue

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR