• I have problems with it sometimes.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • No, it's terrible!

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

anon62607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I forget that I have Touch ID. I had it turned off for the longest time, then decided to turn it back on. Even now, 9 times out of 10 I plug in my 4 digit code. The only time I have noticed that I use it is when I buy music.

can you use a four digit code if you have touch ID enabled? I thought it required a passphase.

dustlane

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
It seems to work well unless you have rough fingers. I bass fish a lot and my hands exposed to the elements. My prints are kinda jacked up most of the time so unfortunately Touch ID doesn't work well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
That was an interesting tip...more like an Easter egg...lol

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Well mine has gone down hill.
After applying the tips in the video, it worked well for a couple of days.
Now, I'm successful maybe 2 out of 10 tries.
Good Luck

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Just for this phone today and it's the first one that I can stand to actually lock thanks to touch ID. I think the trick is how well you ate it up. If you're sloppy when you set up the prints it may not work as we'll. I set up five prints and they all work flawlessly. I'm impressed by how fast it is!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
My Touch ID works perfectly until my hands get sweaty than I can't get it to read my print until I wipe off the home button and clean my hands.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

brittanyh

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine works very well! When I set it up I was sure to include different angles of my print. When I go to unlock it, I can have my finger sideways (horizontal) on the button and it'll unlock it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Seems like one out of every 20 (or so) iPhone users I bump into has problems with Touch ID. I always suggest to 're-train' the device and I never hear back... so there's a good chance that perhaps there's some 'user error' going on here... However, I know for a fact that some are having serious problems with Touch ID not working properly.

How's your Touch ID experience been so far? Working flawlessly? Occasional glitch or problem? Or not working at all?

I've learned that if your fingers are even the slightest bit sweaty or dirty it's a no go, I've learned if it doesn't work, wipe thumb/finger on jeans/shirt whatever and rescan usually a flawless thing

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
it really just depends on my finger, if there is moisture or really dry, it will have a hard time reading it. what helped me alot is, i registered my right thumb three times since i am right handed, and i registered my left thumb twice. ever since doing this, it has been working 95% of the time!

nat750

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I wash my hands a lot throughout the day also because they get dry I need to put cream on them a lot. I guess this is why Touch ID has always been a problem for me. Also even when using it I never get the option to use it for App Store purchases. I've tried overtraining it as shown in the previous video recommended & it works ok for a bit but then stops. Guess it still in its early stages. Hopefully by the iPhone 6 they will have sorted some issues they've found while collecting user data since it was introduced. Great idea when it works though.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Considering I've got eczema, I'm surprised that it works 95% of the time for me. I'm quite impressed. I should register another finger and see if it'll stay this accurate...

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I wash my hands a lot throughout the day also because they get dry I need to put cream on them a lot. I guess this is why Touch ID has always been a problem for me. Also even when using it I never get the option to use it for App Store purchases. I've tried overtraining it as shown in the previous video recommended & it works ok for a bit but then stops. Guess it still in its early stages. Hopefully by the iPhone 6 they will have sorted some issues they've found while collecting user data since it was introduced. Great idea when it works though.

I think this is my problem as well.
Good Luck

Metro1088

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Works most of the time for me but when my fingers get sweaty they get rejected. Mostly a problem outside.

Still, I got used to this technology and I can't imagine using a phone without it.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative