Is Tim Cook being treated unfairly?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is Tim Cook being viewed, judged and treated unfairly by the masses for NOT being Steve Jobs? Is his skill and expertise being overlooked because of Steve's larger than life persona? I think so. What about you?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is Time Cook being treated unfairly?

Haters gonna hate... Jobs isn't here anymore to kick around so they've moved on to Cook...

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

The human condition is forever flawed people spend a lot of energy on negativity this day and age

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Tim Cook took over where Steve Jobs left the company upon his death and has not missed a beat so as long as he continues doing what he is doing with his executive team there will be many doubters.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

Tim is doing his best. He's not Steve and can't be held to the same standards. Tim runs Apple the best way that he can, keeping focused on core values. Steve did the same thing, just ran it all a little differently. Apple is Apple because of the culture and philosophy. Tim won't change this, he just enriches the culture as he leads Apple in 2014 and beyond.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

He brought in new products, the Mini and the Pro, all wonderful and bestselling...

In my opinion, great men are always going to be treated unfairly...Because the bottom tries to balance things out...

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I feel like he does get judged unfairly due to the huge shadow that is Steve Jobs but I guess that's to be expected because of the showman that Steve was.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
He does get judged unfairly. Anyone who would have replaced Steve Jobs would have been treated the same. He's done a good job.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Is Tim Cook being viewed, judged and treated unfairly by the masses for NOT being Steve Jobs? Is his skill and expertise being overlooked because of Steve's larger than life persona? I think so. What about you?

I fully agree. He does an excellent job and gets all the hate:(

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
IMO Tim so far has been finishing some of jobs projects that he left .. Also Tim is not Steve no matter the job title .. I think he is doing Tim .. Steve did Steve and both are good in their own way. It will be interesting to see what way Tim takes the company and what fully new products come down the line that Tim can call his own .

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
IMO Tim so far has been finishing some of jobs projects that he left .. Also Tim is not Steve no matter the job title .. I think he is doing Tim .. Steve did Steve and both are good in their own way. It will be interesting to see what way Tim takes the company and what fully new products come down the line that Tim can call his own .

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
Not his products. Hois teams products that he finally rejects or accepts.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, but people are always going to try and crucify the guy in charge. Same thing happened to balmer. same thing will happen to nadela.same thing happens with any CEO.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Everyone will try to compare him to Steve Jobs. The problem with that is they are only human. They both had/have their pluses and minuses.

I've noticed people always try to glorify those who have passed. They overlook the deceased flaws and only capitalise on their assets. Thus no one can live up to the Steve Jobs in their memories.

I think Tim Cook is doing as well as to be expected. While he's not perfect, he isn't positively horrible either. As the company grows, he'll grow with it. Just my opinion.

?Sent from a very sexy device... Rawr?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Everyone will try to compare him to Steve Jobs. The problem with that is they are only human. They both had/have their pluses and minuses.

I've noticed people always try to glorify those who have passed. They overlook the deceased flaws and only capitalise on their assets. Thus no one can live up to the Steve Jobs in their memories.

I think Tim Cook is doing as well as to be expected. While he's not perfect, he isn't positively horrible either. As the company grows, he'll grow with it. Just my opinion.

?Sent from a very sexy device... Rawr?

Exactly. Steve jobs was a great innovator with many talents, but he also had many flaws.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Haven't read all the previous posts so forgive me that, but IMO Tim Cook makes far far too too much money for anyone to even consider whether or not he's being treated fairly. At those $$,$$$,$$$,$$$ anything he gets, no matter how rough, is fair. He's paid to make wonderful things happen so he should be held to that standard...IMO. If he feels he's being treated unfairly he can always let someone else have a turn. I never had the expectation that he would be a Steve Jobs and it will only lead to dissapointment if that is what is expected of him. Steve was not "normal" Tim...Tim seems "normal" and I think he's doing okay. Not great, but okay.

via the tablet

Last edited:

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Haven't read all the previous posts so forgive me that, but IMO Tim Cook makes far far too too much money for anyone to even consider whether or not he's being treated fairly. At those $$,$$$,$$$ anything he gets, no matter how rough, is fair. He's paid to make wonderful things happen so he should be held to that standard...IMO. If he feels he's being treated unfairly he can always let someone else have a turn. I never had the expectation that he would be a Steve Jobs and it will only lead to dissapointment if that is what is expected of him. Steve was not "normal" Tim...Tim seems "normal" and I think he's doing okay. Not great, but okay.

via the tablet

This a million times over. If you want me to feel bad for ol' Tim, it isn't going to happen.

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Steve Jobs had vision, taste, and an enormous drive with an ability to push others to do things as he envisioned them.

Tim Cook is a good executive but I'm afraid he's not at Jobs' level. Lately Apple has been reacting, not leading, as far as the out of the box thinking is concerned. When Apple does something they seem to put more effort into it, so they are generally successful. But, they didn't come up with a portable tablet - Mini was a relative latecomer; they are still not competing In a phablet market and I doubt my next phone would be an iPhone, given how great my wife's Galaxy S3 has proven to be, with a much larger gorgeous screen and far longer battery life than iPhone ; iOS7 was seen by many as a step back in graphical design - something that never happened under Jobs. And it's not Cooks fault - you can't expect him to be a visionary.

Apple still makes solid, well put together and expensive hardware, and as long as Android manufacturers tend to be sloppy, Apple will sell well. But under Jobs, they were the first with iPod, the first with a real modern smartphone, and the first with a real modern tablet; now, as I said, they seem to let others take the lead in developing new ideas, and then try to mimic them utilizing Apple's superior product design and manufacturing processes.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Siri was created 8 years before it was released. Jobs was a genius. Of course not for that reason, I'm just saying, he was a true innovator. I'm waiting for Cook to "wow" me.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW