Is this the real reason your iPhone 14 has a year-old A15 chip?

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Tech media unfortunately likes to be glib for clicks. They said you’re getting the same SOC in the 14 as you were in last year’s 13. They did this by saying ‘well they both are A15’. Except there were two variants of the A15. A regular and the one with 20% faster GPU performance.
Literally no laptop buying guide would ever classify a chip with 20% more GPUs performance as “it’s the same chip!”. Unfortunately this is the state of the Apple tech head media writing.

As to the article’s suggestion it was money. Yes that was reason but more so than you think. If this year’s Pro gets the newest and non pro gets last year, that means Apple doesn’t need those two variants of the A. They build one variant for all. See how that works?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Tech media unfortunately likes to be glib for clicks. They said you’re getting the same SOC in the 14 as you were in last year’s 13. They did this by saying ‘well they both are A15’. Except there were two variants of the A15. A regular and the one with 20% faster GPU performance.
Literally no laptop buying guide would ever classify a chip with 20% more GPUs performance as “it’s the same chip!”. Unfortunately this is the state of the Apple tech head media writing.

As to the article’s suggestion it was money. Yes that was reason but more so than you think. If this year’s Pro gets the newest and non pro gets last year, that means Apple doesn’t need those two variants of the A. They build one variant for all. See how that works?

Teach brother. Teach. I love it… :)

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Teach brother. Teach. I love it… :)

I actually did a bit of user training/teaching at customer sites. Relatively positive review’s and feedback except for the comments that I’d ramble on-over focused on a single sub topic. After rereading some of my posts on imore, ok I get that feedback:):)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2