Is this normal?

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
On my iPhone 5, when the screen is black at the top (usually during an app that isn't iPhone 5 supported yet), its like light is coming into the phone. It's hard to describe so I hope you get what I mean. Like instead of being pure black, there's some light coming in from the top of the screen.

I was just wondering if this is normal cause I don't remember noticing it before.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You have some light leak...it has been reported by quite a few people. I personally have never experienced it with the iPhone 5, but i did experience it a little with my 3GS.

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
So do you suggest I bring it into the Apple Store? Will they do anything about it? Will it count against my two replacements I have for AppleCare?

I had a dead pixel last week so this iPhone is actually less than a week hold. It's only about five days old.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So do you suggest I bring it into the Apple Store? Will they do anything about it? Will it count against my two replacements I have for AppleCare?

I had a dead pixel last week so this iPhone is actually less than a week hold. It's only about five days old.

That's totally on you, if it bothers you that bad, sure...why not.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Should be warranty replacement. And I don't think it counts towards the 2 replacements. I never used apple care before but in will when I get the i5.

What you have is back light bleed through. Very noticeable on cheap tv's and pc monitors. I personally would trade it out, it's a defect. Not a serious inhibiting defects but a quality defect.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73