Is there anyway to use PC internet connection through phone when on Cydia

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if I made sense in the title. Basically my 3G or Edge signal in my home is dead. I might get 1 bar and it fades in and out. So on Cydia at my house is useless. Is there anyway I can use my PC internet connection through my Iphone. Kinda like a reverse tethering. Instead of using my phone as a modem use my pc modem to my phone.

Thanks in Advance
Josh

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
U should let AT&T know, maybe can get one of those free micro cells they were giving away to people in ur situation. Worth a shot.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Oh, as for ur question, u could buy a router and create a wireless network, then connect ur iPhone to it using wifi.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Well I'm already on a really fast cable modem through Comcast with a 3 HD box and internet package deal. Yeh I guess I can call AT&T and see if I can get a micro-cell. I've been with them for 10 years I think going all the way back into the Cingular days before mobile to mobile and all that, haha.

Josh

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
connect a WiFi Router to your Cable Modem, that will give you a WiFi signal that your iPhone will use rather than Edge or 3G.

The AT&T Microcell works on any high speed internet connection, and basically creates a "local" 3G signal that allows you to make 3G-based phone calls.

Before you get the Microcell, be sure to check out reviews. Many people have had issues with clipping/skipping audio. I had these issues as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods