Is there any way to use new iPad pro as only (primary) monitor for new mac mini via usb-c?

I

iMore Question

Want to replace macbook pro with new mac mini and a small portable monitor for moving event photographs on location but have my usual desktop speed and tools at hand so I work can continue on the lightroom library when back in office. Usually too many gigs of raw files to deal with on Ipad exclusively although I understand they are very fast now. An alternative is the 13 inchCintiq if it will work as a primary monitor. Any thoughts on workarounds welcome.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Want to replace macbook pro with new mac mini and a small portable monitor for moving event photographs on location but have my usual desktop speed and tools at hand so I work can continue on the lightroom library when back in office. Usually too many gigs of raw files to deal with on Ipad exclusively although I understand they are very fast now. An alternative is the 13 inchCintiq if it will work as a primary monitor. Any thoughts on workarounds welcome.

You can do it with the Luna Display but looks like youll need wifi access while doing it.

https://m.imore.com/how-use-your-ipad-pro-display-your-mac-mini

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You can use the iPad Pro as a monitor but not directly. You need something like a Luna adaptor or some type of AirDisplay app.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
So I just ordered the Luna display to use with my 2016 MacBook. I’m hoping to be able to use it as my primary display on the pro and leave the MacBook on the desk while I use the iPad around the house. I was about to sell my MacBook because I rarely use it, but with the Luna display being on sale for Black Friday I bit the bullet. I can post some pics when I get it if you like.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro