Is there a way to separate iMessage and SMS message conversations with the same person in the Messages app?

Mr Reebman

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
Is there a way to separate iMessage and SMS message conversations with the same person in the Messages app?

Hey guys,

is there a way to separate iMessage and text message conversations with the same person in the messages.app (El Cap)?

My problem: I have two conversation with the same person:
I text him via iMessage using his email address and via regular text message (phone number, no iPhone) that is displayed in the messages.app on my Mac through Continuity (synced from my iPhone).
However, the iMessage conversation and the text message conversation (which are separated on my iPhone) are mixed within one chat window on the Mac (i.e. mixture of blue and green bubbles).
Can I have that as clearly distinct as it is on the iPhone in the messages.app, so I'm not confused whether I'm writing iMessage or text message?

I've already checked the vCard, my contacts are synced so email address and phone number are identical on both devices's contacts list.

Thanks in advance,
Phil

Mr Reebman

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
Indeed, that would probably be the easiest way, though to me this seems more like a workaround and not so much like a solution.
I was just wondering, since it functions differently on iOS?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods