Is there a way to make a group message NOT be an iMessage?

I

iMore Question

If I text an iPhone user and a NON iPhone user, it always turns it into an iMessage and the NON iPhone user never gets the messages.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you except that what you're experiencing has NOT been my experience. I group message with my brothers often primarily because we travel a good deal and want the others to know when we're out of time, etcetera. One of my brothers use an Android smartphone, yet, we all get the group messages and the associated replies. Maybe try rebooting your iPhone and/or sign out of iMessage and then sign back in.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I actually have this problem at work. Everyone but one employee has an iPhone. The one droid guy never gets the messages. We have about 20 in the group and no matter who sends it it's always the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I actually have this problem at work. Everyone but one employee has an iPhone. The one droid guy never gets the messages. We have about 20 in the group and no matter who sends it it's always the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen the same issue. In fact, when I had an LG G3, even messages to/from individuals (iPhone owners) were hit or miss.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
iMessage does a good job with group messaging but there are many other platforms that might do the job better in your case

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner