Is there a way to downgrade from iOS 8.1.2 if I dislike it?

I

iMore Question

Hey , Now i'm on iOS 6.1.4 on iPhone 5 , I would like to try iOS 8 , but i'm worried that maybe i will have problems with it , so is there is anyway to downgrade after i update it ?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Downgrade from iOS 8.1.2

Hey , Now i'm on iOS 6.1.4 on iPhone 5 , I would like to try iOS 8 , but i'm worried that maybe i will have problems with it , so is there is anyway to downgrade after i update it ?

You will be one of the very few on earth with problems on iOS 8.1.2 on iPhone 5.

But to answer your question : no you can't go back once updated

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

Seriously don't update until you've read reviews and are sure. There is no way to go back.

Honestly, I think iOS 6 was a very beautiful OS. If it were me, I'd leave it as is.

Upgrading older hardware has been known to break stuff and cause all sorts of mayhem.

IndianApple

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site

IOS 8.1.2 run quite smooth on iphone 5. Have done it already on my wife's cellphone. Downgrading is not possible on any device. You need to take one precaution of toggling off background app refresh as this is likely to eat your battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndianApple

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site

Seriously don't update until you've read reviews and are sure. There is no way to go back.

Honestly, I think iOS 6 was a very beautiful OS. If it were me, I'd leave it as is.

Upgrading older hardware has been known to break stuff and cause all sorts of mayhem.

It depends on the apps you use, supports version 6 firmware. Most of them do, but they are upgrading due to various features available on the latest firmware. I still have 6 firmware on my ipad2 and am absolutely okay with it because i use it only to watch movies and gaming stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You would be ok on iOS 8. But iOS 6 sure was better looking than 7 and 8. But there's more features that are great. If you don't mind the iOS 7 look, then update!

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Zyiros

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
You would be ok on iOS 8. But iOS 6 sure was better looking than 7 and 8. But there's more features that are great. If you don't mind the iOS 7 look, then update!

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
Yeah, iOS 6, IMHO, was the best Apple had ever done. Especially the music app. The music app on iOS 8 for iPad is nothing spectacular like iOS 6 was.

Posted via the iMore App for Android