Is there a GOOD tempered glass screen protector for iPhone X?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
After trying practically every tempered glass SP available on my 6+ & 7+, with each either not covering the screen (“case friendly”), getting the dreaded “halo effect” around the edges of the glass, or chipping/cracking along the edge for no reason...since nothing goes in my right pants pocket except my phone...I decided to rock a naked screen and pay Verizon an additional $11.00 for insurance every month.

But with the glass screen of the iPhone X being (so I’ve read) a bit more easily scratched, I’ve decided I need a glass SP.

But...has anybody found one that fits the screen, is usable with the Apple leather case, AND doesn’t come unstuck or chip around the edges?

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I don’t use the tempered glass anymore. I use an IQshield protector from Amazon. You get a 2 pack for $8. They are very clear. After it dries, you won’t even be able to tell that you have a protector applied. No Halo on the edges, no chipping, and no air bubbles like you get with the cheap tempered glass protectors.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I use ones off amazon. amFilm is the one I currently have. Don’t love that it’s not edge to edge but it has been just fine for me.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I am using Spigen. It is literally a perfect fit. There is no room for error when applying though. It has to line up perfectly with all of the edges of the screen as it is cut very precisely. Edges are smooth, so they don't interfere with swiping.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Anybody use the Spigen product?

I’ve used spigen in the past and was really happy with it. Would not hesitate to use again. It just hasn’t been in stock when I’ve looked for it. But yea, great product.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I prefer the Belkin Glass that Apple installs for you at their retail stores. Great warranty and has saved several screens on my iPhones.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Many threads going on here about protector for the X. As I’ve posted before, I love the Spigen. No rainbowing if you install it straight. And no halo.
b1f6baa8c86976be4d9d960c386b686a.jpg
dc7ee046c8fc6d57f88c7fd90f463f41.jpg

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I have the Spigen, managed to get it lined up good, small rainbow between notch at top, when you hold phone nearly vertical which is not how you use it so not worried.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I had a ZAGG glass protector installed by a young Verizon rep with better eyes & steadier hands than I last night, and it looks pretty perfectly placed. It’s a “ case friendly” model so it doesn’t cover the curvature of the screens edges...which is probably a plus in this application. I’m happy for now...as long as it stays put.

Pcrispy

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I use the icarez off of Amazon. It’s a edge to edge and it’s awesome.

Have any pics of it installed? Also how does the sensor area above the speaker do with lint? Glass design looks similar to the i-Blason, which does allow some lint to get in there (easily blown out.... but still).

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I’d love recs on an affordable edge to edge protector. I’ve been using the case friendly ones since the 6 and they’re fine, but the lint that builds in the gap can get sort of annoying.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I’d love recs on an affordable edge to edge protector. I’ve been using the case friendly ones since the 6

and they’re fine, but the lint that builds in the gap can get sort of annoying.

I concur. The only reason I’m using a case friendly protector is because I’ve never, ever found a full-screen product that looked good & didn’t come unstuck around the edges.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have any pics of it installed? Also how does the sensor area above the speaker do with lint? Glass design looks similar to the i-Blason, which does allow some lint to get in there (easily blown out.... but still).

I will try and get some pics. It actually covers the sensor area with a piece of glass so lint is a non issue. I was having a huge issue with lint with my old screen protector in the notch area.

Pcrispy

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I will try and get some pics. It actually covers the sensor area with a piece of glass so lint is a non issue. I was having a huge issue with lint with my old screen protector in the notch area.

The i-Blason covers that with glass too, but seems like there is no adhesive for that tiny section so lint lifts straight under that glass and collects, entering from the speaker section. Usually easy to clean out, but it would be much better if it could never get inside there in the first place. Otherwise a nearly perfect screen protector.
fde6a191cfc11f9dca950fd2fc95d26a.jpg

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The i-Blason covers that with glass too, but seems like there is no adhesive for that tiny section so lint lifts straight under that glass and collects, entering from the speaker section. Usually easy to clean out, but it would be much better if it could never get inside there in the first place. Otherwise a nearly perfect screen protector. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171120/fde6a191cfc11f9dca950fd2fc95d26a.jpg

Pic is so dark, almost impossible to see what your trying to show.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR