Is the screen and build of the iPhone 11 Pro Max worth the $400 over the iPhone 11?

delta7

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I got the basic 11 and I’m having regrets over the screen and only 64 gigs of storage. I got the phone from visible last year when they had a 200 off sale for new sign ups.

I was wondering is the extra cost worth it over the basic 11. Storage aside, is the screen much better and build worth it?

I may consider throwing it on swappa and upgrading if it is.

I’m used to android and the Samsung but this is my phone iPhone in years.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is the pro max screen and build worth the 400 over the basic 11?

Unless you’re going to be watching a good deal of movies on the iPhone or if you have x-ray vision or something(you know what I mean), I think the OLED display ism’t worth the extra money if you already have an iPhone 11.

Still, let’s say you’ve decided to trade up from your iPhone 11. After you’ve gotten it, what will you be doing with your new iPhone 11 Pro that you weren’t doing with the iPhone 11 that would take advantage of the OLED screen on a consistent basis?

Last edited:

delta7

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

I don’t watch much movies in my phone. I actually bought the iPhone to increase productivity from android time wasting activities.

However, I do want a nicer screen and that’s the main thing I’m considering, also the wider length means easier typing.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I don’t watch much movies in my phone. I actually bought the iPhone to increase productivity from android time wasting activities.

However, I do want a nicer screen and that’s the main thing I’m considering, also the wider length means easier typing.

Understood. With that being said, go for it...;)

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I got the basic 11 and I’m having regrets over the screen and only 64 gigs of storage. I got the phone from visible last year when they had a 200 off sale for new sign ups.

I was wondering is the extra cost worth it over the basic 11. Storage aside, is the screen much better and build worth it?

I may consider throwing it on swappa and upgrading if it is.

I’m used to android and the Samsung but this is my phone iPhone in years.

Since you got the 11 and are having regrets due to screen, storage and build, i recommend you go for the 11 pro

Screen:
The iPhone 11 Pro has a brighter screen reaching 800 nits vs the 625 on the iPhone 11.
The display is also sharper with more pixels per inch at 458 vs 326 on the iPhone 11.
Contrast ratio of 2,000,000:1 vs 1400:1
Lastly one of the only displays on the market capable of Dolby vision.

Bear in mind that none of the android phones on the market can display Dolby vison, not even the 1600 dollar s20 ultra.

Storage: 256gb > 64gb

Build:
Stainless steel > aluminum
The stainless steel frame and the frosted glass is a great design that you won’t find from any other oem. And yes you will feel the difference in the hand when using one.

Bonus; Antenna:
4x4 mimo on the iPhone 11 Pro vs 2x2 on the 11

Best of luck

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
While this was true at one time, The LG G6 also supports Dolby Vision and HDR-10 content.

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technologies/mobile/dolby-vision.html

https://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-H871-Platinum-g6-att

The iPhones 11, 11Pro and Plus all support Dolby Vision and HDR-10 content and Dolby Atmos sound content.

It’s actually still true in 2020.

As you pointed out android did have a phone capable of Dolby vision back in 2017. However after the phone was discontinued none of the successors have had Dolby vision since. The g7, g8, and this years rebrand the velvet, all lack Dolby vision. Lg g9 has been cancelled in favor of a cheaper varient called the velvet.

While the iPhone 11 can support Dolby vision, as far as I’m aware only the iPhone 11 Pro and pro Max can actually display DV on the device, just like the x, xs, and xs Max.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro