Is the nintendo switch the best console nintedo has ever made?

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Best? Depends how you define “best” but to me, no. Not by a long shot. The NES, SNES, and N64 were ground breaking and dominant in their day, with huge libraries of era defining classics.

Sadly, the Switch will likely never enjoy the sort of 3rd party support than older Nintendo consoles enjoyed. Because of that fact alone, the Switch has a massive uphill battle, relying heavily on first party console exclusive titles. Don’t get me wrong, the strong titles it does have are pretty amazing. The new Zelda and Mario Odyssey look to be the best titles of their respective franchises in years. But Nintendo would need to revive\reboot dozens of fan favorites to compete with their older consoles.

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Best? Depends how you define “best” but to me, no. Not by a long shot. The NES, SNES, and N64 were ground breaking and dominant in their day, with huge libraries of era defining classics.

Sadly, the Switch will likely never enjoy the sort of 3rd party support than older Nintendo consoles enjoyed. Because of that fact alone, the Switch has a massive uphill battle, relying heavily on first party console exclusive titles. Don’t get me wrong, the strong titles it does have are pretty amazing. The new Zelda and Mario Odyssey look to be the best titles of their respective franchises in years. But Nintendo would need to revive\reboot dozens of fan favorites to compete with their older consoles.

Agreed

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Best portable gaming console. Best hybrid.

Best? The N64 because of Super Mario 64, GoldenEye 007, MarioKart 64 and Zelda: OOT. Also NES for Super Mario 1 & 3. I liked 2, but wasn't a favorite. Also Zelda, Contra, Tetris, Megaman & Metroid. Bionic Commando probably my #1 because of the memories of me and my Dad playing that game (or me watching him mostly lol).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh