Is the MagSafe animation not working for anyone else?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Is the MagSafe animation (green sharing ring) not working for anyone else? I’ve tried several cases and chargers and nothing. Searched around the inter webs some and there are reports of “a bug”, and the Apple forums are about worthless.

Just wanted to see if it was just me.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Magsafe animation

That green ring is working just fine for me whenever I connect my iPhone to the MagSafe charger on my bedstand.
I hope you resolve your issue soon.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

It was working fine last night… I have it on my nightstand so I’ll check at bedtime and report back.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Mine is still working. I did read that somewhere that the phone needs to be locked. Im not sure if that’s accurate but wanted to mention it just in case!

Last edited:

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site

Is the MagSafe animation (green sharing ring) not working for anyone else? I’ve tried several cases and chargers and nothing. Searched around the inter webs some and there are reports of “a bug”, and the Apple forums are about worthless.

did you try Apple Cases & chargers?
Mine works fine if I use the Apple Magsafe charger or case. If I put on a non-Apple-case, there is no animation, even though the case is Magsafe compatible.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

maybe some (non-Apple) work, others not

I think it has to do with the thickness of the case. My case is a transparent soft TPU protective clear case and rather thin, which is probably why the animation works for me!

Edited to add: my MagSafe charger is an Apple MagSafe charger.

Last edited:

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site

to be more precise:

a non-Apple Magsafe OR an Apple Magsafe case on an Apple Magsafe charger: the CHARGING animation works.
Putting my non-Apple Magsafe case on an iPhone 13: no CASE ON animation
Putting any Apple Magsafe case on an iPhone 13: CASE ON animation works.

Unfortunately, I do not have a non-Apple Magsafe charger, so I cannot test such a configuration.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for the info. It all makes sense now.

The issue I’m having is I see a lot of companies advertise their products with the charging animation when in reality it doesn’t work. I’ve already sent back several cases and chargers to Amazon and wrote negative reviews.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site

To add my two cents, I just took mine of the MagSafe charger and put it back on. Green ring did pop up (I have an Apple MagSafe case).

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

To add my two cents, I just took mine of the MagSafe charger and put it back on. Green ring did pop up (I have an Apple MagSafe case).

I have a “MagSafe compatible” case and an Apple MagSafe charger. No animation. Sent email to manufacturer (very popular brand that I’ve used for years). Oh well. At least I know it’s not my phone.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I have a “MagSafe compatible” case and an Apple MagSafe charger. No animation. Sent email to manufacturer (very popular brand that I’ve used for years). Oh well. At least I know it’s not my phone.

That’s the important thing!

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site

Do you have a MagSafe charging stand? TBH when I read your post it made me realize I never notice the MagSafe animation though I might notice the audible beep. Do you get the audible beep?
Being MagSafe with a stand, it either engages(magnets align) or it falls :). I've completely tuned any other visual feedback.
BOL!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Do you have a MagSafe charging stand? TBH when I read your post it made me realize I never notice the MagSafe animation though I might notice the audible beep. Do you get the audible beep?
Being MagSafe with a stand, it either engages(magnets align) or it falls :). I've completely tuned any other visual feedback.
BOL!

I have a “MagSafe compatible” charging stand.

But I did try it with an Apple case and Apple charger (both MagSafe) and I see the animation. At least I know why it’s not working.

Thanks for all the info.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so the QuadLock case is compatible but the charger isn’t.

This was with an Apple MagSafe portable charger:

47ec83e04aaff20431613e3f5dae7e1e.jpg

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Apple cases have a magnet and an NFC thingy embedded in them. Same with the Apple wallet.

Other cases may or my not have the magnet and NFC thingy embedded in them. So YMMV.

Personally, I haven’t used a case other than Apple leather case in a long time. They are timeless classics and appropriate for any situation.

I only use Apple chargers. I would love to get a MagSafe Duo Charger, but for some reason Apple insists on still using Lightning plug, and I just can’t do it. Same with the MagSafe Bettery.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

So, when you take your Apple MagSafe case off and put it back on, do you get an animation. I just noticed that I no longer get the purple (dark cherry or whatever Apple called it) animation when I put my Apple MagSafe leather case back on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh