Is the Macbook Air good for me?

Macost

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I want to buy a macbook air, i saw a macbook air mid 2012 for a nice price. I'm gonna use adobe software (photoshop, illustrator, indesign), can I use these software on the macbook air without struggles? And also, I'm thinking about learning to develop apps, is this macbook strong enough?

Thanks!!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Is a taco good for dinner?

Your question is something that is impossible for us to answer for YOU...since it is your decision and you gave us such basic information about the usage you'd be putting into it. Can the Macbook Air run those Adobe tools? Of course...will it be the optimal system for heavy graphical work and app development? Probably not.

It's always better to have the best machine your budget can afford...if your budget only allows for a Macbook Air, then I guess you have your answer.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Not to mention and I don't mean this as cut if you understand but you asked this 2 times the other day and we told you the same thing. You are the only one who is going to use it so you should be the only one to make the choice.

Macost

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Not to mention and I don't mean this as cut if you understand but you asked this 2 times the other day and we told you the same thing. You are the only one who is going to use it so you should be the only one to make the choice.

Isnt this section supposed to be for people having questions? well i did ask if the late 2009 macbook is better/faster in one post, if thats what you mean. This is something else and I want some advice before I buy something.. so im sorry if this post annoyed anyone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Isnt this section supposed to be for people having questions? well i did ask if the late 2009 macbook is better/faster in one post, if thats what you mean. This is something else and I want some advice before I buy something.. so im sorry if this post annoyed anyone.

You're okay, but just know that, upon seeking advice, know that the decision to buy rests solely with you. Some people have a difficult time with that part and want others to make the choice for them. That's all.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
What was said by me was to simply make sure you understood that was was just said by another person here, Nobody especially me is annoyed, On the contrary I wanted you to make sure that you totally understood that as said it all rests on you. Of course this is to ask questions and asking as many as you want will not have us make YOUR mind up. Please don't misunderstand me at all. I nor anyone here knows your lifestyle and what you are going to do solely rests on your shoulders. Excuse the misunderstanding - Make your decision and stick with it. Good luck with your decision.

Macost

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Alright, thank you. I thought maybe the air would be to slow, i'm not familiar with technical stuff and specs so it could be that the macbook air 2012 would be to slow. ;)