Is the iPhone 6 battery investment worth a shot?

greatkeen

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Referring to recent issue where apple admitted to deliberately slowing iPhone (performance) through software updates to avoid battery issues in older phones . And than subsequently offering subsidized battery replacement too .

my question is , has anyone tried battery replacement ? has it really improved general performance of iPhone (lag particularly) ?

At the moment i m not in position to upgrade my phone so wandering if this battery investment worth a shot ?

Thanks .

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
iPhone 6 Battery

Hi there,
Someone in the forum replaced their iPhone 6/6s battery and it did improved its performance

For the price of $29, it’s definitely worth it.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 Battery

Good question cause I had to have my battery replaced almost a year ago before they came up with this "slowing down performance stuff". And now experiencing drain on my battery yet again. I do work outside in cold weather. For instance I just was outside. Left my phone sitting in my garage. Was at 60%, dropped to 46% then not minutes later I go to look its at 1% and it died.

Wags14

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 Battery

I purchased a replacement form Amazon for my 6s and replaced it. It is like having a new phone . I am running 11.2.5 beta. Geekbench 4 stats had me at 50% . With new battery run at or above 6s standard.i would suggest purchasing.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Referring to recent issue where apple admitted to deliberately slowing iPhone (performance) through software updates to avoid battery issues in older phones . And than subsequently offering subsidized battery replacement too .

my question is , has anyone tried battery replacement ? has it really improved general performance of iPhone (lag particularly) ?

At the moment i m not in position to upgrade my phone so wandering if this battery investment worth a shot ?

Thanks .

Yes, getting a new battery can help improve performance.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I had my battery replaced yesterday. My Battery settings had already let me know that it needed servicing before the current brouhaha (though the argument that a device that cost as much as it does needs a component replaced after a little over 2 years of use is one for the courts or consumer protection laws to debate), and so I went for it.

Am I seeing a marked improvement in how the phone operates? If I was concerned about milliseconds or doing some heavy video editing on it, maybe I would, but frankly, I don't see it. Meanwhile, leaving settings as they were prior to the swap-out and doing the things I normally do with it, yes, a fresh battery has helped. 8 hours unplugged at this stage and at 48%. I was getting to 20% within 4 hours before - if it wasn't jumping back and forth between 20 - 50%, depending on its mood. Still, not brilliant - but I'll generously blame the bluetooth connection to my Martian watch and on Wi-fi - much everything else (apps running in the background, for example) mostly turned off.

Certainly worth the replacement - at this price, certainly cheaper than a new iPhone (as the lawsuits point out) - but only time will tell if worth the faith in the company...

greatkeen

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I had my battery replaced yesterday. My Battery settings had already let me know that it needed servicing before the current brouhaha (though the argument that a device that cost as much as it does needs a component replaced after a little over 2 years of use is one for the courts or consumer protection laws to debate), and so I went for it.

Am I seeing a marked improvement in how the phone operates? If I was concerned about milliseconds or doing some heavy video editing on it, maybe I would, but frankly, I don't see it. Meanwhile, leaving settings as they were prior to the swap-out and doing the things I normally do with it, yes, a fresh battery has helped. 8 hours unplugged at this stage and at 48%. I was getting to 20% within 4 hours before - if it wasn't jumping back and forth between 20 - 50%, depending on its mood. Still, not brilliant - but I'll generously blame the bluetooth connection to my Martian watch and on Wi-fi - much everything else (apps running in the background, for example) mostly turned off.

Certainly worth the replacement - at this price, certainly cheaper than a new iPhone (as the lawsuits point out) - but only time will tell if worth the faith in the company...

Thanks for this feedback .. much appreciated .

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
How long did it take to have them replace it? did you walk in? make an appointment?

There's reports out there of lack of stock on some models.

I made an appointment online - I went to the website of my closest Apple Store and when I requested 'repair on battery', the application showed that my store wasn't even accepting appointments at present, but it did direct me to another Store in town that had an opening / battery the next day. The place was a bit of a zoo (as per most Apple Stores), but my appointment got me in front of a 'Genius' relatively close to appointment time. Did a diagnostic first and took it in. Expect about two hours. That's what I was told and it was a little over that.