Is the black screen of death the end of my iphone 6s?

net62957

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I've looked at many youtube videos and tried about every conceivable way to wake my device from this black screen of death.

Background.....One night I charged up my 6s and powered off and took out the sim card to use one of my other devices. A couple of days later I was going to use the 6s again and the 6s would not power up. That begin my quest to educate myself and try any possible solution to remedy the black screen of death.

Any solution you can find on the web I've tried.......hard reset into recovery, connecting to itunes, charging the device, etc.....and my 6s has been nonresponsive. I've never dropped my device nor has it ever been wet. It's hard to believe a device can go from fully functional to useless so quickly.

Does anyone know of a solution to this black screen that's not broadcast on the web or widely known? It's looking like a trip to the repair shop is in my future.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Communicate with Apple, they can run a diagnostic on your phone.

My guess is the battery, but I’m no technician so I could be wrong.

By the way, when you say you connected it to iTunes, did you mean you used DFU Mode?

net62957

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for responding.....I'm not sure what DFU Mode is. I tried connecting to iTunes but my computer would not recognize my 6s. I'll contact apple. Thanks!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2