Is plus going to be available at stores on 9/19

chocolateyum

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Read it was completely sold out. Does this mean even if I stand in line at the store on 9/19 I can't get a plus?

I would stand in line at an AT&T or best buy.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Typically the numbers you see regarding the preorders are separate from what will be available at stores on launch day. The various carrier stores, Apple stores, third party stores like Best Buy, etc are allotted a certain amount for release day.

Thing is, it's anyone's guess how many of each device version each store will have. So while ATT or Best Buy 'should' have some 6+ devices, your place in line could determine if you get one.

Good luck!!

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
They'll have some on launch day in stores. That's why some people will preorder now and get a ship date for 2-4 weeks after launch while you can go stand in line for one. If they allotted all of their inventory to preorders then no one should be stand in line given the current ship dates.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Typically the numbers you see regarding the preorders are separate from what will be available at stores on launch day. The various carrier stores, Apple stores, third party stores like Best Buy, etc are allotted a certain amount for release day.

Thing is, it's anyone's guess how many of each device version each store will have. So while ATT or Best Buy 'should' have some 6+ devices, your place in line could determine if you get one.

Good luck!!

I remember that last year, the gold phone was the holy grail. I remember people nearly rioting because a local Best Buy only got one gold phone.

That’s always the "wild card" - which store has which model/size/color.

Sometimes that works against the system. People want X, but can only find Y. So they buy Y to have the new phone, then continue to look for X for the next 14 days. When they find it, they return Y to buy X, and chew through the inventory.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I remember that last year, the gold phone was the holy grail. I remember people nearly rioting because a local Best Buy only got one gold phone.

That?s always the "wild card" - which store has which model/size/color.

Sometimes that works against the system. People want X, but can only find Y. So they buy Y to have the new phone, then continue to look for X for the next 14 days. When they find it, they return Y to buy X, and chew through the inventory.

Yep and I believe we'll have that again this year. People getting a 6 until the 6+ is available. People getting a 6+ and finding it to be too big. People getting the 6 worried about size only to find in store that the 6+ will work.

This is the first release where I honestly wish we all had a week of units in stores to play with 'before' they actually go on sale.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Yep and I believe we'll have that again this year. People getting a 6 until the 6+ is available. People getting a 6+ and finding it to be too big. People getting the 6 worried about size only to find in store that the 6+ will work.

This is the first release where I honestly wish we all had a week of units in stores to play with 'before' they actually go on sale.

That would have been great. The cardboard cutouts only go so far. But I discovered after I made my decision that the Mophie battery pack is almost the exact size of the iPhone 6 cutout. It showed me that the iPhone 6 really isn't significantly bigger than the iPhone 5/5S.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
That would have been great. The cardboard cutouts only go so far. But I discovered after I made my decision that the Mophie battery pack is almost the exact size of the iPhone 6 cutout. It showed me that the iPhone 6 really isn't significantly bigger than the iPhone 5/5S.

Which did you order Hank?

PS, in 2003 I lived in Peoria and Glendale and in 2005 in Surprise. LOVED it out there but then life brought me back to IL.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I find the Mophie Space case was a great add-on to my iphone 5s but I returned it knowing I wasn't keeping my 5S for long enough (already gone) to make room for its replacement. The jury is still out on whether or not I will get a Note 4 or a 6Plus, I know blasphemy and all. But Samsung created the Phablet market and still does dominate in what it offers and there is benefits to what they put into theirs. That said I am also updating my laptop and going back to a MB Pro soon which makes the chicken and egg thing come up. Hassle loading stuff onto Android with a MBP.

I need to actually hold one to decide and we all know the apple stores will be lined up with folks waiting. I wouldn't get anything less than 128GB, why bother then its all up to color and screen size.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Which did you order Hank?

PS, in 2003 I lived in Peoria and Glendale and in 2005 in Surprise. LOVED it out there but then life brought me back to IL.

I’ve got a Space Gray 64GB iPhone 6 Plus headed to my house on Friday. I am a bit apprehensive about the size, but the OIS, battery and double column options sold me. I was actually against the bigger phones from Apple - love my 5S, but you have to keep up with the times.

And in response to your PS, I actually live in Peoria and have family in Glendale, Surprise, El Mirage and Phoenix. And I am originally from central Indiana. Small freaking world!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Read it was completely sold out. Does this mean even if I stand in line at the store on 9/19 I can't get a plus?

I would stand in line at an AT&T or best buy.

I think the plus is going to be like the gold iPhone last year in terms of numbers at launch. i think apple thought more would go for the regular iPhone 6, so they ordered more of those for launch. hopefully I am wrong and they have lots of stock come launch.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Apple thought iphone buyers would accept a plastic iphone too, and they were wrong. Its been my experience as an apple customer for nearly 15+ years they really don't have good recall. If they knew users wanted what they didn't have (a bigger phone) then its pretty obvious users wanted it and they should have made MORE not less. If the carrier store doesn't have them then I will simply order and wait.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Our busiest Apple store only got 4 gold iPhone's last year, and they were all 32GB models...the next day when my buddy went up there to get one, they got ZERO gold models of any variant...he went back the next Monday, and they had a dozen (and he got one). There's no way of knowing which ones they'll get or how many, but if you go camp out right now, you'll probably get the one you want LOL!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Good luck!!

I'm glad you said this, it alleviated almost all my worries about launch day. I didn't pre-order and was getting worried that the Apple Store wouldn't have the model I wanted on launch. I should've known that Apple would have an allotted number of phones for both pre-order and stores on launch day. :)

chocolateyum

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I remember that last year, the gold phone was the holy grail. I remember people nearly rioting because a local Best Buy only got one gold phone

I really hope there will be at least some 6 plus's at the non-apple stores. There's a big difference between not being able to get the color of phone you want and the size of phone. Size changes your whole phone experience.

It was very annoying that in my area, the only stores with the silver and gold for AT&T were at the apple store. Can't believe apple would think everyone wanted "space gray". I think apple does this specifically so that they can encourage huge lines at the apple stores for the media to broadcast and to say some colors are "sold out". Makes me angry enough to almost not buy apple.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree, if the carrier stores get shafted and no 6+'s for launch day that will be an issue. Fortunately there is a Verizon and AT&T store about 1 mile apart.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I really hope there will be at least some 6 plus's at the non-apple stores. There's a big difference between not being able to get the color of phone you want and the size of phone. Size changes your whole phone experience.

It was very annoying that in my area, the only stores with the silver and gold for AT&T were at the apple store. Can't believe apple would think everyone wanted "space gray". I think apple does this specifically so that they can encourage huge lines at the apple stores for the media to broadcast and to say some colors are "sold out". Makes me angry enough to almost not buy apple.

Of course it's done deliberately. It promotes publicity and helps to generate public
demand. It's frustrating to the consumer but makes the iPhone out to look like the
most sought after device since Cabbage Patch Kids back in the 80's.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, other than the 5C when hasn't the iphone been sought after like a cabbage patch kid. When I was at the apple store today one of the reps I talked about resale value commented how the 5C was a lot lower than a 5 and other than plastic vs aluminum they are the same. I guess that told apple no one really wanted cheap materials.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox