Is my iPhone X about to croak?

Coraya

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
To keep it simple, I used to upgrade my smartphone every 6 months or so. It was getting expensive. I decided I would keep my next smartphone for at least two years. Here we are 18 months in with the iPhone X.

Do I have an itch to upgrade? Yes.
Does the phone have some issues? I think so...or is it just me? I’m in sales and phone is crucial for calls, texts, emails, opening work related apps and taking pictures.

Tell me if I’m crazy...

I have a WiFi calling issue. Phone calls take forever to connect no matter whether I’m
using work or home WiFi.

Seems that at times the phone call can get choppy for a couple of seconds.

I like to search for apps by typing them in instead of going through folders, sometimes the search function is broken and the keyboard takes 15 seconds to slide up from the bottom of the screen.

Camera is definitely not the same quality as a colleague of mine that has the same iPhone X. And hers is older.

Phone feels very snappy after restart but then takes a nosedive.

I’ve already had to replace my battery. My colleague is still on original.

The charging port is always spitting out charging cable. Even Apple headphones don’t sit in there right anymore. When I go running, any slight movement in the port pauses my music/podcast.

There are probably a few other little quirks but maybe it’s just me. Phone is paid off. Thought I would try keeping it but sometimes I get so frustrated with it and want to throw it out of the window.

Coraya

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I figured out the charging port. I cleaned it out. FILLED with lint. I blame my work pants. I cleaned it out and the cable clicks right in as if brand new but I’m still having the issues as stated above. Also had my battery replaced a few months ago at an Apple store

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
One thing that you can always try is to make a good backup of the phone (preferably an iTunes encrypted backup, but iCloud should be fine as well), factory reset the phone, and restore from backup. Sometimes that clears up any issues with system files that could be causing performance issues. I'm not sure that this will fix camera quality issues - that could be hardware failure from dropping the phone, etc. - but still worth a try.

Coraya

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I did the factory reset. I hope it helps. I’m also going to turn off WiFi calling. It seems like more of a hindrance to be honest.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I did the factory reset. I hope it helps. I’m also going to turn off WiFi calling. It seems like more of a hindrance to be honest.

For what it’s worth, I was happy to have WiFi calming last night. My carrier had a significant outage and I was able to make a couple of important calls using WiFi calling.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73