Is my iPhone 6s mic broken ?

I

iMore Question

I started using my new iPhone 6s today. And I?m totally bummed and dissapointed that there is something wrong with it ...

When I make a call, the person I?m talking to is hearing this buzzing noise sound, when i?m NOT talking... When I?m talking, the buzzing is not there... But the second I stop talking, it?s back....

This is only a problem when I use the earphone when I talk, the phone up to the ear..

When I set the call to speaker, headphones or bluetooth handsfree, it?s not an issue anymore. The buzzing noise is not a problem at all...

I hear absolutely clear all the time no matter what source I use.....

What could be wrong? Has anyone else had this problem and know what i?m talking about ?

Is there anything I can do to try save it? Or is the only solution to return it ?
I really dont want that because then I have to wait even more...

Im sorry for the bad english...

BR
Tor from Norway

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I started using my new iPhone 6s today. And I?m totally bummed and dissapointed that there is something wrong with it ...

When I make a call, the person I?m talking to is hearing this buzzing noise sound, when i?m NOT talking... When I?m talking, the buzzing is not there... But the second I stop talking, it?s back....

This is only a problem when I use the earphone when I talk, the phone up to the ear..

When I set the call to speaker, headphones or bluetooth handsfree, it?s not an issue anymore. The buzzing noise is not a problem at all...

I hear absolutely clear all the time no matter what source I use.....

What could be wrong? Has anyone else had this problem and know what i?m talking about ?

Is there anything I can do to try save it? Or is the only solution to return it ?
I really dont want that because then I have to wait even more...

Im sorry for the bad english...

BR
Tor from Norway

sounds like a connection issue .. hows the signal ? is it on every call with everyone ?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Honestly, I'd be willing to bet that it's hardware related. Unfortunately, exchanging your 6s for a new one is going to be your best option. The good news is that it's under warranty.
And your English was just fine :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
sounds like a connection issue .. hows the signal ? is it on every call with everyone ?
I would think a connection issue would be present regardless of whether he is talking through the mic, bluetooth, or headset. And he mentioned that it goes away when he's speaking.

thfroysa

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey, thanks guys for the answers and opinions....

I met with the local dealer today where I bought it, so he took the phone in return, and said this would be no problem... But he had to send it to his distributer first... Had to send it in as DOA... Dead on Arrival... ?

How long will I have to wait for a new one you recon ?
How the DOA-process ?

BR
Tor

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4