• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Is my IPad mini hacked?

insanegamenrd

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
So I have this IPad mini for over a few years now and so I think that my iPad is hacked cause once a while it show blue and then shows a bunch of numbers and letters with the iPad restart logo and once before going to eat it did that and it had highlighted a word that said something creepy but I don't remember if it was "we found you" or either "your stuck here" or something creepy and I passed it to my brother (in this case we parked at a restaurant) and he said "huh" and then "omg that's creepy" and that's when I decided to leave it off for a while 2 years... (forgot to mention I tried turning it off and I didn't work until I gave it to my brother he turned it off.) i decided today I'm gonna see and now I turned it on and it acted normal until it show like little lines and it was frozen and I tried to move it and turning it off and I did it but now it doesn't want to turn back on (I just hope this isn't a hacker that just waited 2 years just to crash it basically)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you think the device has been hacked or is malfunctioning, I recommend you put the device in DFU mode, connect it to your computer and then have iTunes install a fresh copy of iOS. After that, set it up as new and NOT from a backup. If you think the problem is hardware-related, make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose the problem for you.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman