Is it worth upgrading to an 12.9” iPad Pro 2 from the older model?

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Worth Upgrading to Ipad Pro 2 12.9" from Older?

I am going to wait this one out my pro is working great see no real reason to upgrade at this time.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

...and Apple has just update the trade-in website (Canada).

Looks that I'l be ordering mine a tad sooner, woot woot!

...just received mine a few days ago. ProMotion - one single reason to update it's just that.

The screen on this thing is beyond superb. If anyone is in position ($$$$) to upgrade and has been pondering the idea, well you may as well go for it - it's insanely good.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Worth Upgrading to Ipad Pro 2 12.9" from Older?

Ok. Call me crazy but am I missing something with ProMotion? I switched from the 9.7 pro to the gen 2 12.9 and I'm not noticing ProMotion enough to gloat about it. In fact, if I wasn't told I would not know the feature existed. The biggest noticeable difference for me was, display size and improved colors. I wouldn't update a iPad Pro for ProMotion feature other than professional reasons. That's just my opinion.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Oh okay. I still have the first gen 12.9".

Update: Which has been now sold. Looking at selling my old 15" rMBP and buying the new 2017 15".

Last edited:

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

Some folks don't see much of allure of the new display technology. I do design and also have fun with my device and, boy, is this thing so much better. Initially, I was just expecting a better looking screen. But with TT & ProMotion the whole interaction and smoothness is from a different planet; it is buttery smooth and very pleasing to the eye.

I personally recommend upgrading as the spec bump is significant (and the gen. 1 was no slouch).

Cheers!

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Ok. Call me crazy but am I missing something with ProMotion? I switched from the 9.7 pro to the gen 2 12.9 and I'm not noticing ProMotion enough to gloat about it. In fact, if I wasn't told I would not know the feature existed. The biggest noticeable difference for me was, display size and improved colors. I wouldn't update a iPad Pro for ProMotion feature other than professional reasons. That's just my opinion.

Nah, mate, you're not crazy; if you watch closely, or have a non-ProMotion iOS as a reference you'll see it. If it feels buttery smooth and overall substantially faster it's ProMotion doing its job; also try watching a few non-still images - you'll get better feel for it.

Cheers!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal