Is it worth it to buy a fake bookbook 5 case?

delta7

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Alot of bootlegs are on ebay going for like 10 bucks, obviously fake but you think it's a good idea to get one and use it till the real one comes out?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Alot of bootlegs are on ebay going for like 10 bucks, obviously fake but you think it's a good idea to get one and use it till the real one comes out?

I don't know. Do you want to buy one? What's the expected difference between the knockoffs that are available now and the "real deal" which isn't out yet? (That was rhetorical, as because it's not out yet, we don't know.)

vegangirl

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm a vegan so I definately want one that's NOT leather. The fake bookbooks are actually designed very well. It takes only a few seconds to punch a hole for the camera using an inexpensive hole puncher

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
This is a really old thread. The BookBook for iPhone 5 has been out a while now and it has a camera cutout.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought one of the knockoffs just to see if I would like having my phone in a wallet case. After a couple of days, I really liked combining my wallet and phone. So I went out and bought the Twelve South BookBook and I really like it so far. But I have only had it for a few hours. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
If you can handle a fake one then why not? :)

The problem with the fakes is that the quality of the case is poor. A lot of them are made of PU instead of leather and the have bad stitching that falls apart over time. My BookBook is built to last. And looks better now than when I first got it. It costs more, but you get what you pay for.