Is it weird to carry around an iPad...

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
And an iPhone with you every day? I guess I just like both. The iPhone is mostly used as just a phone, where the iPad is the one I keep most of my information on.

I do use my 5s to check forums and other random things but the iPad is more convenient for anything reading/video related.

It doesn't make me a weirdo to keep both in my purse.... Right?

Saying hi...and yup, you're still a weirdo

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Just got my iPad 3 Mini 4G last week, I carry it everywhere. I like the size and weight, better for my eyes than my Nexus 5, and having 4G means I can use it anywhere when there's no wifi.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Not weird. Wish they'd put a phone antenna in the Mini, so that I could just carry that and have a Bluetooth earpiece to talk on the phone.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Not weird. Wish they'd put a phone antenna in the Mini, so that I could just carry that and have a Bluetooth earpiece to talk on the phone.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Use Google Voice and Hangouts. You'll have a different number, but you can call and text through data. Completely free and you can even send/receive MMS and participate in group chats now. No other texting app does that.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Of course it's fine. They are both devices for different kinds of uses. If you only had an iPad, then you couldn't make phone calls. And if you only had an iPhone then you couldn't utilize apps that need a bigger screen, whatever those are in your particular case.

If my iPad could make phone calls independently on my iPad I wouldn't carry my iPhone at all. I would carry my iPad everywhere I went.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
If my iPad could make phone calls independently on my iPad I wouldn't carry my iPhone at all. I would carry my iPad everywhere I went.

You can use data for that with Google Voice and Hangouts. I wouldn't recommend this as your primary phone if you're using T-Mobile (can't comment on Sprint) as their data network is frequently not reliable enough for VoIP where I've used it, but AT&T and especially Verizon handle this well. In fact, I cut my Verizon bill in half by "downgrading" to 30 anytime minutes and unlimited data for $45/month and solely relying on Hangouts for texting and calling people. It works exceptionally well.

Unless you have unlimited data, texting and calling this way will obviously use up your data instead of minutes and texts, but you're far better off buying an extra GB or two of data to make up for the calls and texts you make and not paying for standard minutes and texting. 1GB of data should give you around 1500 minutes of VoIP calls through Hangouts, and texts use way less data. Google Voice/Hangouts even includes picture MMS and group texting now.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
You can use data for that with Google Voice and Hangouts. I wouldn't recommend this as your primary phone if you're using T-Mobile (can't comment on Sprint) as their data network is frequently not reliable enough for VoIP where I've used it, but AT&T and especially Verizon handle this well. In fact, I cut my Verizon bill in half by "downgrading" to 30 anytime minutes and unlimited data for $45/month and solely relying on Hangouts for texting and calling people. It works exceptionally well.

Unless you have unlimited data, texting and calling this way will obviously use up your data instead of minutes and texts, but you're far better off buying an extra GB or two of data to make up for the calls and texts you make and not paying for standard minutes and texting. 1GB of data should give you around 1500 minutes of VoIP calls through Hangouts, and texts use way less data. Google Voice/Hangouts even includes picture MMS and group texting now.

My iPad isn't LTE capable. But what you proposed is a good idea. If I were able to carry just my iPad it would make things a lot easier for me. And I wouldn't feel the need to upgrade as much as I do.

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Old as this topic is, I keep my Air 2 at home and keep my Mini 3 with my and just Keychain them. The mini isn't as fast or powerful as the Air 2 but I simply use it for reading and Stardew Valley.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox