Is it true that we are not able to send ONE TXT to several contacts at the same time?

crg28

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently a Pre 2 and Pre 3 (Sprint and At&T) user and I just about had it with the Pres...I'm looking to get either a 4S next week or wait for the Lumia 900 (which I still think is too big).

Being a newbie and not even having an Iphone 4S on hand, I need to rely on you guys for info. I was just told by a 4S user here in the office that we cannot send mass txts in the 4S? Is this true?

It doesn't make sense as this has been available in other limited platforms for quite some time (Palm, BB,etc).

Please let me know as if this is true, this would be a big reason for me to either go on another direction or wait for a JB (if that even helps).

I run a small company with about 40 people and the Mass txt is a feature I use everyday with my people.

Thanks in advance!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
yes, thats deffinately incorrect info one of your co-workers gave you, crg28. you CAN send out multiple/mass tx msgs. maybe your co-worker just doesnt know how to do so & that could be why they told you no.

crg28

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. Maybe this is why he said it couldn't do it. I normally use it to send TXTs to all 40 employees in my company (using a Pre 3). If I can only send it to 10, that would indeed be an issue. Why is there such limitation? I'm tired of my Pre 3/2 and ready for a 4S or a Lumia, but these little quirks are odd for such a sucessfull platform.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
well, you could send to 10 at a time. why not create 4 groups to send the msg that would need sending out:) You'd have to send the message 4 times-once to each group.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Another thing to think of you can't make groups so sending a mass text would require adding each emp for every text send .. Although there might be a app that can do this or Maybe a JB tweak not sure

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If it's to the same group every time, you only need to add them once?after that just open Messages and find the conversation with that group. Open that and write a new message.

(There are also Group SMS apps available in the App Store.)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The easiest way to create groups in your contacts without using a 3rd party app to create groups is to
make them on your computer on Outlook (if you're on Windows) and sync them to the phone through iTunes.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My 4s has failed to send a text to multiple recipients a few times. I don't have any groups arranged. Like the other day, I put 2 recipients in the send field, typed the text, pressed send. Now the "status" bar (don't know what to call it) at the top advances to 90% and stalls. After about 30 seconds I get a failed message.

I'm with Sprint. My last feature phone did this with no problem. Anyone else have this issue?

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My 4s has failed to send a text to multiple recipients a few times. I don't have any groups arranged. Like the other day, I put 2 recipients in the send field, typed the text, pressed send. Now the "status" bar (don't know what to call it) at the top advances to 90% and stalls. After about 30 seconds I get a failed message.

I'm with Sprint. My last feature phone did this with no problem. Anyone else have this issue?

Try turning of MMS and iMessage off and see if it sends.

I send out a lot of group text and this app works great.
App Store - Group Text!, Mass Text / SMS on iPhone and Mass iMessage on All iOS5 Devices

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Shouldn't have to turn that off, if you enter an iMessage number it'll automatically send it as a text with the rest

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2