Is it safe to upgrade iPhone 5C to iOS 9?

excitive

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
I want to do it before iOS 10 launches and it becomes impossible to use 9. But I'm skeptical given the low-config nature of 5C.

Are there any known performance degradation in 5C if iOS is upgraded to 9 from 8? So far it is working good with 8 and I don't wanna ruin it. The usage is very basic, I have bought it for my Mom.

And, is it really necessary to upgrade? I mean, is it possible that some apps might not work in future because I have not upgraded?

Thanks in advance.

jimkraz

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded my granddaughters 5C to OS9 and she has had no problems, I would think you will need nine to upgrade to ten, maybe.

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
My Hubbys iPhone 5C runs iOS 9 fine. I guess he will do the 9.3.4 update. But the 5C and 5S, they prob should not update to 10 (GM), right?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My Hubbys iPhone 5C runs iOS 9 fine. I guess he will do the 9.3.4 update. But the 5C and 5S, they prob should not update to 10 (GM), right?

Who knows? I'll wait on my old 5 and see how others do. My wife's 5c as well. The 5s has the 64 bit chip. It'll most likely do ok. The 5 and 5c may as well. We'll see.

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, yeah I told hubby to not update when 10 comes out for a while til we see what people are saying. My mother has a 5S, but will wait on that one too. She does very little on the phone other than calls and messages anyway. Not sure she would even be very interested in the iMessege upgrades.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, yeah I told hubby to not update when 10 comes out for a while til we see what people are saying. My mother has a 5S, but will wait on that one too. She does very little on the phone other than calls and messages anyway. Not sure she would even be very interested in the iMessege upgrades.

M running the iOS 10 beta on my iPhone 5S and it is running fine.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Cool :) Thanks for the update! A lot of times an update can cause some sluggishness at first until the system is done indexing.

Yep I'm happy with it. I did read a couple days ago that there was some widget or something that didn't work or was glitchy after this update but I think I saw that on Twitter and I'm not sure how official it was. I always like to read the Twitter responses for every update to see if there are any problems and then I decide from there after reading some mainstream articles like CNET, etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox