Is it possible to move an iPad from my account to another?

kevindevid90

Oct 15, 2020
Visit site
I bought me an iPad mini last Wednesday. is it possible to move the iPad 2 that is currently on my account to someone else’s account in my house hold

m3ach

Mar 12, 2020
Visit site
I bought me an iPad mini last Wednesday. is it possible to move the iPad 2 that is currently on my account to someone else’s account in my house hold

Yes, I think you’ll need to do a reset and then set it up as a new device though.

I Don’t think you can just change the account.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You could by replacing the Apple ID on the iPad, but I don’t know why you would want to leave your data on the old iPad.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You could by replacing the Apple ID on the iPad, but I don’t know why you would want to leave your data on the old iPad.

I can answer that question from another point of view. I have a similar desire to change my Apple ID on an iPad. When I purchased my iPad Pro I set the device up using my current Apple ID. Not thinking about the fact that I used that particular ID when setting up the iPhone I use for work. This means that text messages and contacts on my work iPhone are now duplicated on my personal iPad (yes, I wasn't thinking when I set up the iPad).

I have a few paid apps on my iPad that I would like to transfer from this "work" ID over to another "personal" Apple ID that I have set up, but don't see any easy way to do it outside of contacting those developers to see if they can (or are willing to) help move the account.

If the OP is looking to move paid apps - unless someone has another idea, he may have to reach out to the developers (someone can correct me if there is a better way). And again someone can correct me here if wrong, but I believe any standard files/pictures on the device will still be there after changing Apple ID's as long as you are not doing a full device reset.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Could be and maybe the op can explain a bit further.

Having said that, the Apple ID isn’t linked to media an apps you can have a separate id there, under apps and media.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I can answer that question from another point of view. I have a similar desire to change my Apple ID on an iPad. When I purchased my iPad Pro I set the device up using my current Apple ID. Not thinking about the fact that I used that particular ID when setting up the iPhone I use for work. This means that text messages and contacts on my work iPhone are now duplicated on my personal iPad (yes, I wasn't thinking when I set up the iPad).

I have a few paid apps on my iPad that I would like to transfer from this "work" ID over to another "personal" Apple ID that I have set up, but don't see any easy way to do it outside of contacting those developers to see if they can (or are willing to) help move the account.

If the OP is looking to move paid apps - unless someone has another idea, he may have to reach out to the developers (someone can correct me if there is a better way). And again someone can correct me here if wrong, but I believe any standard files/pictures on the device will still be there after changing Apple ID's as long as you are not doing a full device reset.

Set up the iPad Apple ID as part of your family with your iPhone Apple ID.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Will this allow me to not get those text messages and have separate contacts list? Also (if you know) will it mess up the games that are registered to that ID? Thanks!
\

I have an old Apple ID, current Apple ID, and the wife has an Apple ID. We can download anything the other has paid for. Same with subscriptions.

Photo stream, contacts, game progress, files, messages, or anything else associated with an Apple ID is kept separate.

Using the remote app to control an Apple TV was also independent, however an update changed that (not sure which one, I’m also on the beta program).

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
\

I have an old Apple ID, current Apple ID, and the wife has an Apple ID. We can download anything the other has paid for. Same with subscriptions.

Photo stream, contacts, game progress, files, messages, or anything else associated with an Apple ID is kept separate.

Using the remote app to control an Apple TV was also independent, however an update changed that (not sure which one, I’m also on the beta program).

Very interesting - I'll definitely be looking into that later today. Thanks! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro