Is it possible to lock email acces?

soogriff

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey friends,

Quick question, my coworker has an ipad and wanted to know if there was a way to passcode lock or secure his email. He has family that visits and he allows them to play on his ipad, but he doesn't want them having access to his emails.

Is this possible? Maybe an app or something. (He has an AOL account)

I couldn't think of anything other than passcode locking his ipad altogether. I searched the threads and couldn't find any answers.

Thanks for the help.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You're right. There isn't any way natively to prevent access to the email with the exception of not allowing access to the device itself. Even in the restrictions settings, the most that can be done is to not allow any changes in the form of adding, removing or modifying the accounts.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey friends,

Quick question, my coworker has an ipad and wanted to know if there was a way to passcode lock or secure his email. He has family that visits and he allows them to play on his ipad, but he doesn't want them having access to his emails.

Is this possible? Maybe an app or something. (He has an AOL account)

I couldn't think of anything other than passcode locking his ipad altogether. I searched the threads and couldn't find any answers.

Thanks for the help.

The only way that I know you could do this is to jailbreak it, there are several tweaks you can install to passcode any app or if you just want to passcode mail I recommend you get MailEnhancer Pro.

***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
Tweet @LondonComp ***

GGRRAAFT

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
In the settings for mail, contacts, etc. you can toggle the switch off. So before handing it over, toggle it off. It isn't locked, but family would have to actively go in to settings and toggle it back on to get in. He could delete that email account from the phone if he didn't trust them not to do that, but at that point of mistrust, best to not answer the door when they knock.ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1365542753.697521.jpg

GGRRAAFT

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Unless of course its different for iPads than it is for iPhone. Toggle off or delete and when they open the mail app it'll ask to be set up as seen in the screen below. upImageUploadedByiMore Forums1365543009.155719.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner