Is it possible to jailbreak passcode locked ipod touch 4g?

skezir

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Guess title says it all, I'm trying to help a friend who just recovered his "borrowed" Ipod Touch 4G from his ex, and she placed a passcode on it but won't say what it is. I've read that it's possible to bypass the passcode if the Ipod has been jb'd, but I don't know if it's possible to jb with it without knowing the passcode. Of course we don't have access to her computer, which it was first synced to and no, he's not trying to lose all his music, photos, etc. either.

If anyone could confirm that he's just screwed, or if there is a way around losing his files, please let me know.

Many thanks.

skezir

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I do appreciate the swift response, but as stated in the original post, he's not trying to lose all his music and photos, he doesn't have access to the synced computer, it was hers, and so she has all the backup files. Any other suggestions?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I do appreciate the swift response, but as stated in the original post, he's not trying to lose all his music and photos, he doesn't have access to the synced computer, it was hers, and so she has all the backup files. Any other suggestions?

Even with a JB it will still ask for the code n second even if he has the passcode as soon as he try's to sync with his computer unless that computer is authorized with the same iTunes I'd it will erase the music and load his ne ways
Restore is best bet n if it's her music she loaded and paid for and it's tied to her account its Hers

skezir

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm thinking it's a lost cause as well at this point - thanks for the response, much appreciated. Although, next time you respond to a question, you may want to consider sticking to the facts alone. This really isn't the place for your uninformed moral and legal judgments. Thanks again :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm thinking it's a lost cause as well at this point - thanks for the response, much appreciated. Although, next time you respond to a question, you may want to consider sticking to the facts alone. This really isn't the place for your uninformed moral and legal judgments. Thanks again :)

Just going by what was stated you said his music so I'm assuming there he should have a backup of the music files that he could load into his iTunes ... So a restore should not be a big deal If he lost the backup there is a way to get songs and pic off of the device so that he can add to his iTunes then restore the device and resync but all other info and apps will not be saved. I'm not judging anyone just want to not violate or break anyones privacy or copy right laws. As well as forum rules. If it is his music I will be more than glad to help you just send me a pm.

skezir

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid I'm not able to send PM's or Emails just yet, I'm too new to the forum. If you would like, you can email me direct at skezir(at)gmail(dot)com. At this point, we can't even reset it to factory, it is not being detected by my mac os x 10.6, Vista, or 7 machines. It does say Enter Passcode when it's started, and I've tried putting it in restore mode by holding down the home button while connecting it to the computer (I do get the 'connect to itunes' picture, but none of the computers detect it at all. I'm wondering if it may just be a bad cable? I've noticed that there are only 9 gold pins on the male end that mates with the Ipod - does that sound right? The Ipod female slot looks like it has all 30? pins. Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I don't see anything wrong with his response it is facts. He said if and he helped you. So mayb you should be thankful and leave your snark reaction out. Geez you get help and talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't see anything wrong with his response it is facts. He said if and he helped you. So mayb you should be thankful and leave your snark reaction out. Geez you get help and talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

My thoughts exactly but owell I guess welcome to the forum ??? Lol

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid I'm not able to send PM's or Emails just yet, I'm too new to the forum. If you would like, you can email me direct at skezir(at)gmail(dot)com. At this point, we can't even reset it to factory, it is not being detected by my mac os x 10.6, Vista, or 7 machines. It does say Enter Passcode when it's started, and I've tried putting it in restore mode by holding down the home button while connecting it to the computer (I do get the 'connect to itunes' picture, but none of the computers detect it at all. I'm wondering if it may just be a bad cable? I've noticed that there are only 9 gold pins on the male end that mates with the Ipod - does that sound right? The Ipod female slot looks like it has all 30? pins. Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

I would try a new cable if computers no detecting it then not much u can do try putting in dfu mode ( restore mode is more than hold the home button while connecting .. Press n hold home and power till phone turns off press power and hold wait 4 sec then press home and hold count to 10 release power continue to hold home button untill phone go to dfu mode so this all while it's connected

morecowbell

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

You dont need access to the original computer. You can use program called "Touch Copy" to transfer media from her ipod to yur computer AND you can use program called "iphone browser" to unlock her ipod. BUT the locked ipod needs to be JB and as far as how to JB a locked ipod???.....thats the first stage I am currently working on so if you figure it out plz let me know.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You dont need access to the original computer. You can use program called "Touch Copy" to transfer media from her ipod to yur computer AND you can use program called "iphone browser" to unlock her ipod. BUT the locked ipod needs to be JB and as far as how to JB a locked ipod???.....thats the first stage I am currently working on so if you figure it out plz let me know.

Removing the passcode depends on what os your running I tried on a 3GS on 4.3.3 and it didn't work it erased the wifi settings ended up just restoring a program called share pod comes in handy too I used it when my computer crashed and I was able to pull the data off my iPhone then re. Add to iTunes

Reactions: morecowbell

morecowbell

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Removing the passcode depends on what os your running I tried on a 3GS on 4.3.3 and it didn't work it erased the wifi settings ended up just restoring a program called share pod comes in handy too I used it when my computer crashed and I was able to pull the data off my iPhone then re. Add to iTunes

Just got my locked 4g JB using Redsn0w but now iphonebrowser wont recognize my ipod after plugged in. Im goin in circles here. Thanx for the tip with share pod i'll give it a shot. Bout ready to just say screw it and restore.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got my locked 4g JB using Redsn0w but now iphonebrowser wont recognize my ipod after plugged in. Im goin in circles here. Thanx for the tip with share pod i'll give it a shot. Bout ready to just say screw it and restore.

Does the computer see it ? never had that issue maybe try another USB port or computer ?
Are you sure the phone jail broke ?

morecowbell

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Negative ghostrider. Computer did not see ipod. Tried multiple cords/multiple USB ports and tried my girlfriends computer. And it was hard to tell if if was definetly JB or not cause it would still be locked after reboot so I couldnt see if Cydia was installed or not. Doesn't matter now. I gave up yesterday and just restored with new firmware. Oh well............thanx for the help though :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox