Is it ok to use my Galaxy Note 4 charging head with my iPhone 6 plus?

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if it was ok to use my galaxy note 4 charging head with my iPhone 6 plus? The stock charger charges so slow was wondering if I could use one with a little higher output.

bsmith0731

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 plus Charger

I was wondering if it was ok to use my galaxy note 4 charging head with my iPhone 6 plus? The stock charger charges so slow was wondering if I could use one with a little higher output.

Plug it in and see what happens.. If you have an iPad charger it'll charge very quickly. That's all I use.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

iPad charger charges my ip6+ in about 100 minutes or less. Usually a percentage point per minute

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Anything that puts out more Amps than the iPad charger is overkill, IE any of the Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 bricks. It won't hurt the battery, but the phone will only draw power at a certain rate.

I ended up getting an Anker two plug charger. Charges iPad and 6 Plus at the same rate.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site

Anything that puts out more Amps than the iPad charger is overkill, IE any of the Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 bricks. It won't hurt the battery, but the phone will only draw power at a certain rate.

I ended up getting an Anker two plug charger. Charges iPad and 6 Plus at the same rate.

Only reason I mentioned the note 4 charger is I already have it and wouldn't need to purchase a new one.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
From what I've read, the voltage is the important part of the equation as far as potential damage goes. You want the voltage to be what the device accepts. (All iOS devices are 5volts as far as I know.) The amps a charger puts out will only be used up to what the device can handle. So if you have a 4amp charger with 5 volts, it should not be an issue for any device (old iPhones, new iPhones, iPads, etc.) that uses 5 volt chargers.* The device should only pull what it can handle. If you hook up a 10 volt charger to the device, then that's when you'll probably run into issues. (*Disclaimer: I'm just regurgitating what I've read over the years, and I make no promise that you won't damage your devices by using a higher amp charger or any charger not designed for the device in question.)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR