Is it normal to use an average of 300GB of data in a monhes time?

I

iMore Question

Is it normal to use an average of 300GB of data in a monhes time

Ive notice that since last September I have been using well over 300gb of data per month even tho I dont game, i rarely download music or videos if at all and the only thing i use my Mac Book Pro for is to check email, look at tech sites, watch Twit Tv, sync my iphone and ipod and occasionally watch Sling Tv and CNN and the Walking Dead. I have Comcast with Boost and offten i get pretty spotty service, 70 per cent of the time i have download speeds of less than 1.5 megas with uploads of over 12 megas and almost every other month reports of local downages in my area even tho we havent had any really bad storms for the past several months, im not a tech expert but i get the impression that something is drainning my bandwidth at the same time using data. Anyone out there shed a little light on this? Thanks

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is it normal to use an average of 300GB of data in a monhes time

Welcome to iMore! Can Xfinity provide you with a report of what's eating up your data? Either way, video uses a LOT of data. What download speed are you currently paying for? What are you using to gauge your download speeds? Have you contacted Comcast to have them try to figure out why your internet is so slow?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2