Is it me, or does the ipad suck for gaming.

Bitbatgaming Pangs

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
:no: t this sucks. my parnets force me to play on an ipad for computer time when i want to play on the pc or wii u or snes. I keep saying to them ( there is really not much you can do on it .) can we all agree that the ipad sucks for gaming?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
:no: t this sucks. my parnets force me to play on an ipad for computer time when i want to play on the pc or wii u or snes. I keep saying to them ( there is really not much you can do on it .) can we all agree that the ipad sucks for gaming?

Depends on the game and if you have a controller. Get a controller, play Final Fantasy 1-7 and 9, GTA Vice City and San Andreas, Tomb Raider 1 and 2. There are some nice games for iPad, a lot of the console ports have controller support too so it's just like having a mobile PS1 or PS2.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Well, the iPad is no PS4 or Xbox One. But it also depends on what you use it for.

Personally, I have a few WWII flying games on my iPad that I play daily. Also have several word puzzle games I play. But if I want to play COD or something on Steam, yes I get on my laptop.

Mobile gaming depends on who you are and what you play.

To answer your question, no, the iPad doesn't "suck" for gaming.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

They "force you"?? Seriously?

Sorry but this smacks of an entitlement mentality. You should be GRATEFUL that your parents ALLOW you to use an iPad (or anything else for that matter).

If gaming is something you want to do and the iPad experience is not to your liking, get a job and save your money.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
There are fun games for it, but depends on what you want. There are wireless controllers you can get if the games you like would benefit from that!

Would they be open to letting you use another system if you paid for your own?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The experience really depends on what model iPad you're using. A Pro model using an A9X processor is rarely going to be maxed out. That being said, it's not going be in line with any of of the current consoles.

Going to echo the sentiment from @SwitchBeach too. Be grateful for what you have. The majority—yes, the majority—of kids in the world have nothing.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
[info]
Let's keep it clean guys. We are all entitled to share our opinions but name calling won't be tolerated on the forum. Thanks![/info]

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say it sucks for gaming. It's meant for mobile gaming. If you're wanting something a little more hard core, the iPad may not be for you. If that's what your parents are forcing you to use, then there are ways to make it work a little better for you. Purchase a controller to connect for instance. I personally don't game too much on my iPad/iPhone. I'm not too impressed with the gaming experience on it. But there are a few mobile games that I play to help pass the time. You should tell us what types of games you're interested in and maybe we can make some recommendations.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73