Is it me or does the IPad Pro pencil lose power if you do not use it?

I

iMore Question

Drainage of IPad Pro Pencil battery from lack of use?

I charged my pencil- left it idle for a few days, went to use it and ? Dead! Had to recharge.

Is it normal for it to drain out of power from lack of use.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does. It's always on and ready for you to pick up and start using it. So it'd make sense that the battery would drain over time. Fortunately a quick 5 minute charge will give you a nice boost.

boxerbelle

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Guys for the replies. I had no idea that when idle, it was similar to a phone roaming for a signal....meanwhile it is burning itself out :-(. From now on?

I am just going to do full charges when I know I intend to use it that day.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Guys for the replies. I had no idea that when idle, it was similar to a phone roaming for a signal....meanwhile it is burning itself out :-(. From now on?

I am just going to do full charges when I know I intend to use it that day.

Yup. I learned this after I hadn't used my Pencil for about a week. Went to jot a few notes and it was dead. So now I just charge it every other day or before I know I'm going to use it.

Side note: Welcome to iMore!

boxerbelle

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Thx Quis89- I posted something here before-about 2 weeks ago ( as a guest )and got rapid responses. Everyone is so helpful-it is a pleasure to post on this site ! :) I finally signed up and made it official today. Hoping I will have the oppty to return the favor to someone down the road.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151