Is it just me?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
This could be a “my iPhone “ problem or a YouTube thing. So I will ask you first. I have noticed that my YouTube app has recently started to pause the “video” I am watching if I bring up the “comments” keyboard, it did not do this previously, and ( bowdlerised version) it is very annoying !! Could someone try theirs and see if it happens to you ? I ask this community because in my experience there is no chance of a reply from YT.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
This could be a “my iPhone “ problem or a YouTube thing. So I will ask you first. I have noticed that my YouTube app has recently started to pause the “video” I am watching if I bring up the “comments” keyboard, it did not do this previously, and ( bowdlerised version) it is very annoying !! Could someone try theirs and see if it happens to you ? I ask this community because in my experience there is no chance of a reply from YT.

I just tried it and the video didn’t pause for me while I was typing in the comments.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I watch all my YT videos in the Brave browser instead of the YT app because it kills any advertisement breaks that may be inside the video for ad revenue. If it's a quick watch I'll use the YT app (since it opens default) - never have an issue with it pausing though. Hopefully reinstalling helped.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site

I tried. I even tried toggling CC on and off, auto play, portrait and landscape mode. Bringing the keyboard up in comments while video playing did not pause video.

Do you have back tap on? If so try disabling it then try YT again. When I had backtap on I noticed a few oddities.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to you all ! I had avoided deleting and re-adding the app because I did not want to lose a couple of saved videos. But I did and I didn’t, if you see what I mean ! Anyway, comments functioning fine now.
I do have back tap on, and the only weird thing it does is not function if the phone has been asleep for any length of time, Oh and it only works if I tap the screen !

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks to you all ! I had avoided deleting and re-adding the app because I did not want to lose a couple of saved videos. But I did and I didn’t, if you see what I mean ! Anyway, comments functioning fine now.
I do have back tap on, and the only weird thing it does is not function if the phone has been asleep for any length of time, Oh and it only works if I tap the screen !

I'm so glad you got this figured out and that all is well!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73