Is C-Spire any good as a carrier?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
C-Spire is the carrier formerly known as CellSouth I believe... a regional carrier that avoided being eaten up by the big ones.

redneck86

May 28, 2011
Visit site
If you live in Louisiana, Mississippi or alabama they have very good coverage.
I was a Cellular south customer for almost 10 years but i got tired of their half assed attempt to have good phones.
The main reason I left cellular south was not because of the iPhone; it was because of the snotty holyier than tho customer service my dad received when he went to upgrade. I don't care who u are if you treat me and my family like that I will go elsewhere with my 300 dollar a month family of phones.

teedawgh

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
C-Spire All The Way

I have had Sprint, their data speeds are sloowwwww. If I were you I would go with C-Sprie. They have the most amazing phone plans I have ever seen. All of their plans include free roaming nationwide too, so you are paying a low price for the same coverage as Sprint and Verizon because that is who C-Sprire roams off of. With a C-Spire iPhone you will be saving money, and having the best coverage of any of us!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
My husband uses Cellular South C-Spire. He's had a few minor issues, but the kind you can get with any carrier that's allowed to add bloatware to a phone, and customize the ROM. Not a worry with the iPhone.

redneck86

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if it will be the case on the c-spire iPhone, but in the past cell south had ordered phones with tethering and/or mifi removed . I think it would be a decent question to ask the rep when you go.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
C-spire commented on a post i put on their facebook, and said that where i live is not part of their home network. So i guess if i went with them, i'd all ways be roaming. Wouldnt that make my data super slow, and kill my battery life?

I dont think i'll be switching because of this.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if it will be the case on the c-spire iPhone, but in the past cell south had ordered phones with tethering and/or mifi removed . I think it would be a decent question to ask the rep when you go.

Thanks, but that is a by carrier option they can choose to offer or not, i think.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
C-spire commented on a post i put on their facebook, and said that where i live is not part of their home network. So i guess if i went with them, i'd all ways be roaming. Wouldnt that make my data super slow, and kill my battery life?

I dont think i'll be switching because of this.

I don't believe they'll even let you have a contract if your billing address is outside their home network.

Reactions: patricksmangan

Setanta

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
5 days in and I gotta say, I think I'm in love.
I got grandfathered in on my previous family smartphone plan which means that the wife and I are unlimited everything for $134.82 per month.:D:D:D

Ironman24

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased the 4s and love it, C-spire has always been very good for me and what i use my phone for. The coverage area is a lot better in the northern part of the state of MS but it is getting better for people who live in the southern regions

carterTTT

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I'm using c-spire but the moment I enter the home, it says "no service". Can anyone care to tell me how to make my cell phone work inside my home?