Is Bell unlocking iPhone 5?

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a seller who is selling an iPhone but it is locked to Bell and I am on Rogers. Is is possible to call bell and ask them to unlock the phone? I can pay if its like 30-40 bucks but would they do it? Not in a contract or anything with bell.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Carriers will unlock the iPhone, well I've only heard of Rogers and Fido, but they will only do it once you're contract is up. So if you don't have a contract with them then I'm not sure if they would be do it. You have to work out the numbers you could buy the phone get a plan with Bell and then disconnect and ask them to unlock the device. If you didn't buy the iPhone from them you don't need a data plan. I've had the iPhone since the first gen and I have never used a data plan. So work out how much the phone will cost, how much the plan will cost and then how much the possible ETF will be. If it's less than buying a factory unlocked iPhone then you might be able to do it that way. You could also just call Bell up and tell them you're thinking of buying an iPhone 5 and getting their service. Then ask them if you're not happy with the service and cancel will they unlock your phone so you can go somewhere else? Just be sure to make the point that you wont be buying the iPhone from them.

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Most carriers will unlock phones without being on contract. However if they won't, I suggest going online a s getting an unlock code. You can google your carrier and look for an unlock code that way.

Runell A

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I've tried googling under the different search headings but no luck, can anyone point me to the right direction? I would really love to use my phone when the wife and I travel to asia.

Runell A

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
i know about telus, rogers and fido offering that service... I'm curious about Bell. I just got off the phone with CS and they said they do not do it?

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a diffenative answer for you, but I do know carriers typically will do anything to keep from unlocking a customers phone. If you called the answer you will more than likely get is no. It's no surprise that's the answer you got.

I would call back and advise them you can cancel your plan & go else where. Once again let them know you need your phone unlocked one way or another, and that you'd like to stay a customer but if it can't be unlocked that's not possible.