Is anyone thinking of getting the new iMac?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After watching the presentation regarding the new iMac, I was immensely impressed with it. If I had the spare money, I'd really consider getting it. What about you?

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Nope I'm not interested in getting it. I much prefer my rMBP over an iMac. I was actually hoping Apple was gonna refresh the Thunderbolt display which I would have been much more interested in getting. Hopefully next year!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Have to see some real world reviews first. I'm sure it's pretty but the question is performance. With bumps to processor and graphics, this runs 3k. Retina prices to go along with the resolution...lol There's always the dell monitor route later along with a better specs PC.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I took the plunge and ordered one last night. Not quite sure why because I currently have a late 2012 27 inch iMac and I don't currently do any video or photo editing, but hey maybe I'll start a new hobby. 😁

dmbeas

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Ordered one. Have been a windows user since inception. This is my first mac. Just about maxed it out. Going to be a learning curve for me.

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Have mine sitting in the backseat of my pickup on the drive home! 180 miles. �� but I have it! All stock outside of two extra sticks of RAM pushing me up to 24 GB! ��

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Decided not to. I'd like to see windows 10 and just wait for 5k monitors and tech to catch up. 3k+ for this that can't be used as a monitor for anything else coupled with a poor gpu. The screen makes it tempting but not the tradeoffs.

JLee247352

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I got a new IMac a week ago so far no crush yet, is better than using window PC, the PC always crush, so far I lke this new iMac , trying to learn new things on this desktop